Oasis of the Seas attempted suicide at Dock Port Everglades

I know that Crew Ship crews work hard with the long hours and short turn around times but this member of the crew must have other issues. It was first reported by CBSmiami.com that a passenger had tried to jump off the Oasis after it docked Saturday.

From CBS 

"A passenger has been safely transported from a cruise ship after threatening suicide while docked at Port Everglades."

And then later The Miami Herald reported:

"A crew member on Royal Caribbean International’s Oasis of the Seas attempted to commit suicide Saturday morning at Port Everglades..." The man, in his late 30s, threatened to jump overboard at about 10 a.m. Saturday, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office. BSO spent several hours negotiating with the crew member before getting close enough to prevent him from jumping"

Royal Caribbean spokeswoman  Cynthia Martinez: 

"UNFORTUNATELY WE HAD A CREW MEMBER ONBOARD OASIS OF THE SEAS WHO THREATENED TO HARM HIMSELF BY JUMPING OVERBOARD. THANKFULLY HE DID NOT AND THE SITUATION HAS BEEN RESOLVED."

I think Royal has a job opening on Oasis now and someone has a trip home in the their future. Just what Royal needs more bad PR. Think about the effect on thousands of passengers getting off and on the ship and being delayed.  In this case everything seems to have end well or as well as it could have.

While this is a sad situation, I don't see this as a black eye for Royal. This was an individual who had a personal crisis and it happened to be an employee on a Royal ship.

If an employee of Citibank went to the roof of his/her work building and threatened to jump, would that make Citibank look bad?

While this is a sad situation, I don't see this as a black eye for Royal. This was an individual who had a personal crisis and it happened to be an employee on a Royal ship.

If an employee of Citibank went to the roof of his/her work building and threatened to jump, would that make Citibank look bad?

I agree Royal on the surface did nothing wrong. But you know the press first report a passenger, then crew and people on here or read half the story so it cannot play as a positive for Royal. 

Then as I said you need to consider the passengers wanting to leave and delayed, and the new cruisers wanting to get on and delayed.  I believe the police would have stop boarding of the ship or at least limited it. 

So yes the real story is not bad for Royal but once people hear half the story and tell another and they here half the story the news spread could be negative.