Southampton - 2nd ship?

Joe01

Hi all - back from being in hiding for a bit.

Just checked the deployment for 2021 in Europe and the only UK based ship is Anthem. Shame that it is only one ship again, and one of the worst in the fleet at that.

I had read rumours that Explorer would be in Southampton as a 2nd ship (I wonder where she is going). Also thought that there was a slight chance of Indy returning and I don't get why she is staying in the US given her popularity in Europe. I find it disappointing that there isn't one Freedom Class in Europe (I really want to sail one again) yet there are 2 Quantum Class and 2 Vision Class.

Do you think that Southampton will ever go back to 2 ships? I did see a post on CC that hinted at a 2nd ship being announced soon.

On a side-note, I'm liking that they've put Adventure in Northern Europe, always like being surprised at a deployment and have wanted to go back to the Baltic for a while.

6 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Just curious..... why is Anthem one of the worst in the fleet?

Bad design, overcrowded, creaks a lot and not enough outdoor pool space. Not for me. Interested to see what Odyssey brings to the table but I would never do Anthem again.

1 hour ago, cmdrfrag said:

Cant say enough good things about Anthem, but some of the prices from sailing out of Southampton in 2021 are very high at the moment which is causing me to stall

Hi, we thought this in the summer for 2020 August sailing. Just booked it last weekend about £5k cheaper in total for the 3 rooms we needed. I see everybody here saying book early for most likely best deals but maybe that’s an American thing, like repricing? We are also looking for 2021 but like you think it’s just too much. Unless you want a really exact cabin location maybe wait and see?

We also hope explorer and or Indy comes to Southampton in 2021 as we had a whale of a time on Explorer this year. Was our first cruise and we loved it ?

Hooked!!

Nikkoo

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

Bad design, overcrowded, creaks a lot and not enough outdoor pool space. Not for me. Interested to see what Odyssey brings to the table but I would never do Anthem again.

IMO, Anthem is the opposite of this. I find it very interesting how we all can view things differently. I loved Anthem when I sailed her to Bermuda September 2019, and have already booked Southampton sailing next May. Probably the best or 2nd best ship I have ever sailed. Cannot wait to sail her again.

11 minutes ago, Nikkoo said:

I see everybody here saying book early for most likely best deals but maybe that’s an American thing, like repricing?

I think I agree with you there, the booking we have for Allure next year when it first went up was around £1000 PP but I added it to my watch list and over the next few months saw the price fluctuate quite a bit.

After about 4-5 months of the sailing being available it dropped to £625 PP with the drinks package included so at that point I went ahead and booked

Guess in UK we have to be a bit more careful with bookings as we cant reprice without incurring a cancellation charge

2 minutes ago, cmdrfrag said:

I think I agree with you there, the booking we have for Allure next year when it first went up was around £1000 PP but I added it to my watch list and over the next few months saw the price fluctuate quite a bit.

After about 4-5 months of the sailing being available it dropped to £625 PP with the drinks package included so at that point I went ahead and booked

Guess in UK we have to be a bit more careful with bookings as we cant reprice without incurring a cancellation charge

Wow, that’s a cracking deal! Can you let me know where and when. Might whisk the wife away for that sort of money ?

Nikkoo