AirBnB

KimV

We are staying in Miami the night before our cruise in February.  Wanted to know if anyone has ever booked an AirBnB for their stay pre/post cruise or at any other time.  The cost savings versus a hotel room for the night is huge.  Just wanted to know others experiences with an AirBnB...are they what they say in their description or should we stay away from it and go with the hotel we have booked?  Thanks in advance for all the wonderful feedback.

We have successfully used Air BnB in other cities.  My advice is to read every word of every review, and look carefully at every photo.  I look for 100% positive comments, and make sure there are several comments.  If there is some feature offered but not shown in a photo, there is probably a reason.  You can always ask the host questions before booking.  (Is the bathroom on the same floor as the bedroom?  Is there a coffee pot and coffee?  Etc.)  I check in early afternoon, so I am not scrambling in the middle of the night if something is wrong. If something does go wrong you can dispute the charge on your credit card.  We have had some good and some great experiences with Air BnB.  Good luck to you!

Definitely read reviews for AirBnB if you are going to use them.  I've successfully used them in the past, but typically for booking with a larger group over an extended period of time.  My experience has been mostly positive, but you have to remember that you are staying in a residential situation and not all of your expected amenities may be included (toiletries in bathroom and sometimes even towels!)

Hey Kim! I'm also going out of Miami in February. The hotel prices are INSANE and I have no idea why! I'm flying in 2 days before the cruise an staying in an AirBNB in Little Havana. It's a 15 or so minute ride to the port and is more inland so I won't be waking up to the view of the ocean BUT I am only paying $144 for 2 nights, so I am NOT complaining! 

I noticed there are a lot of rooms on AirBNB, so if you're like me, make sure to look for full houses to rent!