WiFi

3 hours ago, Victoria Davis said:

Please tell me if the internet actually works on Allure of the Seas ?  I paid for WiFi on Carnival and it NEVER WORKED A WASTE OF MONEY. 

Carnival internet worked for me when I been on that cruise company ship.

It was slow but worked. I could browse the web which is all I wanted to do.

I'm on Empress at the moment.  This is the smallest and oldest ship in the fleet.  It has an older type of Voom internet compared to Allure.

Despite that I'm able to stream the football game I want to see today.  The game being shown on the ship isn't my team.

948122228_EmpressStreaming-1.jpg.94df88fe2c816c6260266ddfdae88302.jpg

On Allure this was crystal clear.  Here on Empress it's a little pixelated but it works.  I'm streaming from my Slingbox at home on my phone hooked up to the cabin TV.

This was never possible on any Carnival ship I sailed (10 total).  

I've been taking phone calls today as well over Royal Voom internet.    

Satellite internet is never perfect 100% of the time but Royal internet works so much better even here on Empress the oldest ship in the fleet.

39 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm on Empress at the moment.  This is the smallest and oldest ship in the fleet.  It has an older type of Voom internet compared to Allure.

Despite that I'm able to stream the football game I want to see today.  The game being shown on the ship isn't my team.

On Allure this was crystal clear.  Here on Empress it's a little pixelated but it works.  I'm streaming from my Slingbox at home on my phone hooked up to the cabin TV.

Satellite internet is never perfect 100% of the time but Royal internet works so much better even here on Empress the oldest ship in the fleet.

Hey, technically that's my team. I suppose I should turn that on, lol.

19 hours ago, twangster said:

Sweet, so what is need (cables/connectors) to connect phone to ship TV? 

1 minute ago, MikeSD said:

Sweet, so what is need (cables/connectors) to connect phone to ship TV? 

A benefit of sailing the older and smaller ships is that they come with a standard TV and original remote control.  They were never integrated into the ship systems to check your balance, order room service, buy pay per view movies, etc.  

On newer ships in some cases you can't even physically get to the connectors on a TV and when you can they are locked out.  The TV's on newer ships are wholly integrated with the ship's technology and that is their sole use case.

In the case of Vision class and Empress the TV's are standalone TV's so I just use my phone with an HDMI adapter to watch my phone on the TV.  On Majesty many cabins still have older displays that don't have HDMI inputs so on her it depends on your cabin type.  Suites and spacious ocean view cabins tend to have newer displays, regular ocean view and interior have old displays.

I’ve always had satisfactory experiences with the ships’ WiFi services since I started cruising with Royal in 2017.  I have been able to stream videos and the worst complaint I could think of is a few seconds of buffering at times.

I’m on the Empress right now and I’ve been able to stream videos on Disney+