Door Decorations

Nick D

I was rather surprised on my recent cruise.  We put up some door decor, the person across from us had a 'On Honeymoon' decoration and I saw on another deck an Autism of the Seas door decoration and that was it.

I didn't pass by every room but I did walk by a lot of them and I was shocked at how few were decorated.  Then again, my first cruise was on Disney and at that point I was shocked at how many were decorated.

I'm guessing most first timers don't decorate. I know I didn't but my first cruise was very different from most. 

Anyway here are a few things I have together so far. I kinda just wanted to do something different and fun and not worried if things get moved around. I have one more thing to print off and then i week be ready to go. Supposed to take about 7 hours to do so I'm going to start it in the morning but it will have a similar look to the game room sign. 

20211019_181024.jpg

We have often placed magnetic signs on our door, and enjoy seeing how others decorate their doors. Last week I observed an unrelated safety issue onboard that led me to review the Guest Conduct Policy in detail.  I was surprised to see that placing items on doors or in corridors is prohibited by the Guest Conduct Policy.  So in the interest of being completely accurate in this post: decorating your stateroom door without permission is technically prohibited, but is probably never enforced.  This would also apply to those ducks that people like to hide around the ship.

Quote from the Guest Conduct Policy:  Inappropriate or abusive behavior is not permitted. This includes: uninvited physical contact, solicitation, harassment, vandalism, theft, violence, use of fake/false identification, underage drinking (see Alcohol section below), providing alcohol to those under the allowed age (see Alcohol section below), possession of illegal substances/items, placing materials (including signs, banners, decorations, etc.) anywhere on the exterior of the ship, placing materials anywhere on the interior of the ship (including stateroom doors, along corridors, etc.) without the express permission of ship management or which may be deemed by ship management as inappropriate, or any other illegal or offensive conduct.

15 hours ago, Galveston Steve said:

We have often placed magnetic signs on our door, and enjoy seeing how others decorate their doors. Last week I observed an unrelated safety issue onboard that led me to review the Guest Conduct Policy in detail.  I was surprised to see that placing items on doors or in corridors is prohibited by the Guest Conduct Policy.  So in the interest of being completely accurate in this post: decorating your stateroom door without permission is technically prohibited, but is probably never enforced.  This would also apply to those ducks that people like to hide around the ship.

Quote from the Guest Conduct Policy:  Inappropriate or abusive behavior is not permitted. This includes: uninvited physical contact, solicitation, harassment, vandalism, theft, violence, use of fake/false identification, underage drinking (see Alcohol section below), providing alcohol to those under the allowed age (see Alcohol section below), possession of illegal substances/items, placing materials (including signs, banners, decorations, etc.) anywhere on the exterior of the ship, placing materials anywhere on the interior of the ship (including stateroom doors, along corridors, etc.) without the express permission of ship management or which may be deemed by ship management as inappropriate, or any other illegal or offensive conduct.

HUH! I wonder if they will ever feel the need to enforce this...I feel like most people do it in a respectful and safe manner and those that don't get told to take it down so it's not yet been an issue of a few ruining it for all

• 2 years later...
On 10/19/2021 at 8:27 PM, Galveston Steve said:

Not advocating for or against, right or wrong, but as a retired firefighter I understand the likely reason for no corridor or door decorations. The interior finishes and floor coverings in the corridors are likely flame retardant. Stuff placed on corridor walls or doors, perhaps not so much. It isn't as much the fire hazard as much as smoke generation should a fire occur. 

Smoke packed to the floor in the primary means of escape should an evacuation be required........

Surprising a cruise line wouldn't enforce their own policy. Then again , our first cruise to celebrate Mrs Geezer's 48th anniversary of her 21st  birthday had decorations on the corridor side of the cabin door that I ordered from RCL.