RC Online

Johnstewarth

When I sailed on Empress of the Seas in November-December 2017, I seem to remember being able to check email and log into the online learning platform at my college (I'm a professor there) free-of-charge. Is that still the case, or is there an hourly charge now? I'm sailing Rhapsody beginning the 23rd of this month.

I don't remember internet service ever being free, to be honest.  Royal has a service called Voom, that you need to purchase.  There are two options, Surf and Surf & Stream.  Prices vary based on ship and sailing.  If you log into your cruise planner you can see what is available for your Rhapsody sailing.

Voom is the ship's wifi, and if you want the ability to go online on your personal devices you will need to pay for this. You can purchase it several says into your cruise and only pay for the days you have left, I often find this the most affordable option for ship-wide wifi.

As for the desktop computers in the Royal Online venue, I'm not sure what the cost structure of these is. I would  think that these are separate from Voom, but still carry a small charge.

53 minutes ago, elizbit said:

As for the desktop computers in the Royal Online venue, I'm not sure what the cost structure of these is. I would  think that these are separate from Voom, but still carry a small charge.

I needed to use one of those computers to check into my flights at the end of my honeymoon.  They charged about $13 for an hour or two of access (don't remember the details).  The username/password was for Voom, and after dealing with my flights, I was able to use it on my cell phone to connect and browse Facebook, email, etc until it shut off.