Amex Deal $500

mworkman

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Interesting.  Does the terms for the Carnival one make you book through the /amex page as well?  I have heard that folks were able to get the credit for the Carnival offer just by making a payment towards an existing booking.

Years ago when I sailed the whale tail I received an Amex offer for $50 back on purchases over $500 or something like that for that cruise line.   I just so happened to have an upcoming cruise I was about to book.  My charge to book the cruise triggered the offer and I received a $50 credit.  All it took was <vendor name> in the charge or so it seemed.   

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Years ago when I sailed the whale tail I received an Amex offer for $50 back on purchases over $500 or something like that for that cruise line.   I just so happened to have an upcoming cruise I was about to book.  My charge to book the cruise triggered the offer and I received a $50 credit.  All it took was <vendor name> in the charge or so it seemed.   

That's what I had heard was happening.  I seem to have the Carnival offer "Worlds Best Cruise Lines" ? on my account and it has the /amex booking requirement in terms and conditions.  I'm with you in thinking that it's just going to recognize a charge that comes from one of those and give you the credit.  Too bad it's not for any cruise line I'm interested in sailing or I would test it out.