Ultimate Flow Rider Experience

NC350

Hi I am looking to book the flow rider for our "family" -- It's me, DH,  DS 16, our friends -- (their family is same make up as ours ).  It says in the description that you can book for you, friends, and family. When I go to the cruise planner to add it will only let me select one guest for any of the times? But not allow me to add everyone else anywhere? Is this because we just pay the flat fee and show up and whoever is there for the time booked from our party gets to use it? We have never been on a ship with a flowrider before and I would like to make it special for the teen boys. I can get a time the first day! Which I thought would be perfect as it would give them lots of practice and advice before the rest of the week..... Any information would be greatly appreciated!

We are on Freedom of the Seas if that matters...

Thank you!

If it's the ultimate flowrider experience that you are booking then you should be able to just book it for yourself and invite as many as allowed for the session.

The info says you are effectively renting out the Flowrider:

This is a full venue buyout with a one-on-one private lesson from our experienced FlowRider instructors

I recently did exact excursion this last May while we are on Harmony, and have also done it on Oasis in 2017.  I'm positive it will be the same situation on Freedom.  You need to purchase this only once under one name (I just did it for myself).

You do exclusively rent out the Flowrider for your group.  Your group can be as small as one person, or as many as you dictate.  I did this for our larger group (same event; two different cruises) of about 9 active participants and another 4-5 family observers/watchers that didn't want to participate.  You get one hour of private time with two instructors to guide and help you with whatever you desire (boogie board and/or stand-up surfing).  We just rotated through everyone in our group and we each got a few turns on the Flowrider.  Prior to your designated time, you need to make sure that your waivers are signed off (can be done on the stateroom TV). Each participant will need to get a band on their wrist just before the activity from the instructors verifying that your waiver has been taken care of.  You will also need to remove all jewelry and watches.  I also recommend having a swim shirt on, and the girls should wear a one-piece bathing suit (to avoid having "accidents" and revealing a little too much when part of your bikini disappears!).  The jet stream of water coming your way on the Flowrider is pretty strong!

If you have any other questions for me on this, ask away!

On 11/17/2019 at 1:06 AM, MarvinS said:

I recently did exact excursion this last May while we are on Harmony, and have also done it on Oasis in 2017.  I'm positive it will be the same situation on Freedom.  You need to purchase this only once under one name (I just did it for myself).

You do exclusively rent out the Flowrider for your group.  Your group can be as small as one person, or as many as you dictate.  I did this for our larger group (same event; two different cruises) of about 9 active participants and another 4-5 family observers/watchers that didn't want to participate.  You get one hour of private time with two instructors to guide and help you with whatever you desire (boogie board and/or stand-up surfing).  We just rotated through everyone in our group and we each got a few turns on the Flowrider.  Prior to your designated time, you need to make sure that your waivers are signed off (can be done on the stateroom TV). Each participant will need to get a band on their wrist just before the activity from the instructors verifying that your waiver has been taken care of.  You will also need to remove all jewelry and watches.  I also recommend having a swim shirt on, and the girls should wear a one-piece bathing suit (to avoid having "accidents" and revealing a little too much when part of your bikini disappears!).  The jet stream of water coming your way on the Flowrider is pretty strong!

If you have any other questions for me on this, ask away!

Thank you so much!!! I booked it and we are excited! Will take all these pointers for sure!