Back 2 Back and adding excursion

Ndfan89

We are doing a Back to back on Independence in May.  Our first leg will be 25 May and second leg 29 May.  The boys would like to get off on 5/29 and do the Everglades airboat excursion (which it states post cruise).  Would they be responsible for transportation or would someone from royal caribbean arrange it like a regular excursion since most people will be getting off the cruise?   Just trying to figure out how to make this works.

As always, thanks  for your help!

Lynn 

I'm guessing Royal won't modify the excursion to return guests to the ship as these post-cruise excursions tend to end at the airport.  The good news is that the Ft. Lauderdale airport is close to the port and a simple taxi or ride-share ride back.  You just need to be back no later 90 minutes before sail away.   

I guess you could email shore excursions and ask them or try to find a local tour operator that can pick up and drop off at the port. 

On one occasion we did a post-cruise excursion  (to Sawgrass Mills) where they returned b2b cruisers to the ship before continuing to the airport but I couldn't say if that was a one-off or if it happens on a regular basis. If you don't decide before sailing you could check with the shore excursions desk on board.

13 hours ago, Ndfan89 said:

We are doing a Back to back on Independence in May.  Our first leg will be 25 May and second leg 29 May.  The boys would like to get off on 5/29 and do the Everglades airboat excursion (which it states post cruise).  Would they be responsible for transportation or would someone from royal caribbean arrange it like a regular excursion since most people will be getting off the cruise?   Just trying to figure out how to make this works.

As always, thanks  for your help!

Lynn 

When you mentioned "boys", I wasn't sure if that meant children/minors or spouses.  If children, note Royal's age restriction - I don't believe under 18 one can exit the ship without adult supervision.