Coffee Card

Ticca

3 hours ago, Ticca said:

Anyone use the coffee card?  Worth it or should I simply pay as I go?  

Better to check on board how many punches per coffee because there have been reports of some ships using a one punch for each shot of espresso, which means if you like a large beverage it is not cost-effective. There appears to be considerable inconsistency from ship to ship on this matter so since the coffee card is normally sold at the same price both pre-cruise and on board, you have everything to gain by waiting.

1 hour ago, ellcee said:

Get the coffee card. IMO it's worth it.

It is a very good deal. The only thing I would be cautious of is that there have been different reports, ship by ship, about having more than one "punch" taken for additional shots or larger sizes. Each "punch" is good for a standard size drink. One of the nice things about the card is that it is one of the add-ons that can be shared between people.

21 hours ago, Ticca said:

Anyone use the coffee card?  Worth it or should I simply pay as I go?  

I used it on the Harmony, but as @FManke  noted, they started charging two punches for some drinks, like the Caribbean Coconut I love to drink in the afternoon.  If you stick to a normal (1-shot) cap or latte, then it is a good value unless you have Diamond Lounge access.  Also, on the Harmony they don't show Chai Tea on the menu, but I was able to order that for my wife.

13 hours ago, SSprouse said:

Is it worth is just for better black coffee? I don't really add things to my coffee but I do like a premium coffee bean. 

It might be, but in your case I would suggest waiting until you get on board and trying one first to see if the quality is up to scratch. When we sailed on Serenade two years ago we found the espresso to be very bitter and with a slightly burnt taste. We drink espresso every day at home so we knew this one was definitely either poor quality coffee and/or the themostat on the machine was set too high.