New to cruising

rstephen3955

No size limits for the carry on bags except that they have to be able to fit through the scanner.  It fits a pretty large sized suitcase (definitely bigger than the airport scanners).  This is just for the luggage that you are bringing onto the ship yourself.

If you don't need your luggage you can have it directly sent to the room when you arrive at the port.  There will be porters to take the bags and they will end up delivered outside your room by that evening.  There's not a size restriction on that either.

On 11/15/2019 at 9:43 AM, rstephen3955 said:

We have our first cruise coming up and was wondering what is the carry on bag size that is aloud and can each one of us have one we don't fly either so that's why I'm asking we're driving not flying to the port 

The other point about carry-on is that unless you have the Key or VIP privileges, you'll be lugging it around.  That can annoy your party and other guests, e.g., trying to find a table for lunch on Day 1.   So, many folks limit carry-on to either a back-pack/tote bag that won't clutter lines, OR they pull a small wheeled suitcase that is easily maneuvered those few hours before you have access to your stateroom.  Do take some sort of carry-on, as bags going to your stateroom can be delayed and even lost (on rare occasions). Have a great trip!

Both @AshleyDillo and @ChessE4 are correct and both bring up very valid points!  I have and USED to do the carry on thing for shorter cruises, but found that it is such a pain lugging the stuff around even in a smaller suitcase that has wheels that it really is not worth the few dollars to just check it in curbside.  When we sail we carry small backpacks with the valuables, and other necessary items and check the rest curbside.  You have NO idea how much of a pain it is lugging even a rolling piece of luggage up and down and all over the ship while you are trying to explore.  After doing it once I swore I would NEVER do it again, please bring a small backpack and pack what you think that you would need that first few hours say up until maybe 8 pm or so.  Your luggage may take longer to get delivered or shorter but you will be prepared and have a much better first day than trying to lug it all over the ship with you until 1pm.  (That is unless you plan on boarding the ship after 1pm then please ignore EVERYTHING that I just said!?)