Has anyone ever had problems with Voom internet in a inside room before?

Peter2

Any cabin regardless of cabin type can experience poor wifi coverage in the depths of the cabin if the access point in the hallway is not very close.  I've had this issue in interior, ocean view, balcony and suites. 

On Harmony my Grand Suite had such poor coverage they put an access point under the bed.

In cases where an access point was located near my cabin door I've enjoyed good coverage.  In cases where my cabin door is between the access points I've sometimes had struggles when trying to use my phone in bed.  By the desk area is was okay.  

10 hours ago, codyh21 said:

Exactly what @twangster said... We've had inside cabins with better service than balcony cabins.  It's all about proximity to the access points.  That and the VOOM on some of the ships is just downright awful but that's another discussion.

As long as I can get 512 Kbps or 768 Kbps I will be fine.

10 hours ago, codyh21 said:

Exactly what @twangster said... We've had inside cabins with better service than balcony cabins.  It's all about proximity to the access points.  That and the VOOM on some of the ships is just downright awful but that's another discussion.

Interesting. I’ve had decent luck it seems. What ships internet services are the worst? Are there general locations on the ship for rooms that is best?