Oasis of the Seas - February 2020

Pookie

Because we have already had 33.5 inches of snow here in the Mitten State and I am not a big fan of that nonsense, I spend a lot of time thinking about upcoming cruises.  I love reading about people's experiences and living vicariously through them to pass the time.

I'm sure a lot of us have countdown to cruise apps on our phones and I've read in numerous posts "Only 623 or 17 more sleeps until we board!"  

I am currently sitting in my 6 x 8 jail cell (oops, I mean cubicle) at work looking out the window at a dull monochromatic landscape and since I am a numbers person,  I have been thinking of other milestones to use for our countdown to cruise.

Only 3 more hair appointments!

dumb jim carrey GIF

Does anyone else have a fun way for countdown or do you stick to days and/or sleeps?

19 hours ago, Pookie said:

@RWDW1204  Lucky you!  You get to be on the first cruise after the amplification!  Will you do a blog or a recap for all of us envious cruise wanna bes?

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you start one, I will chime in and hijack with my unsolicited thoughts and opinions!

1 hour ago, Pookie said:

I will do the same as @AshleyDillo Starbucks Holiday GIF by Starbucks

Can't promise but we'll try. We'll try to start something and  @AshleyDillo, you are more than welcome to interject. Have enjoyed your perspectives on all things Royal. 

1 hour ago, RWDW1204 said:

Can't promise but we'll try. We'll try to start something and  @AshleyDillo, you are more than welcome to interject. Have enjoyed your perspectives on all things Royal. 

Maybe we will bump into each other on the cruise..I'm sure we'll be able to chase @Matt down at the Pub at some point!

• 1 month later...

We received our Genie questionnaire right at the 60 day mark and after thinking about our answers for a couple of weeks, we finally submitted last night.  Things are heatin’ Up!!

Our cruise clothing/must have items staging tote is overflowing.  We will have to cull the herd. My dream goal would be to have a bag like Hermoine Granger on Harry Potter. (Size of a small handbag that she pulled out full size tents, clothes, books etc., for those of you unfamiliar with HP).  But, being as that is less likely than even winning the lotto, I will settle for one carry on and one large tote or backpack.  

I don’t know if we’re more excited about taking our daughter on her first cruise or having Star Class for the first time!happy so excited GIF

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Pookie said:

We sail February 9th and we have Allan!

can I hear everyone’s thoughts and experiences with him?  

Allan is good (or so I have heard from many).  He has lots of experience.  He was a former concierge turned Genie and probably is one of the longest standing Genies that Royal has at the moment.  Super sharp dresser (not like that matters lol) and he loves LV.  

I know you said that you have an ATS but do you mind if I ask what deck you are on?  Trying to figure out what suites they have for myself...

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Allan is good (or so I have heard from many).  He has lots of experience.  He was a former concierge turned Genie and probably is one of the longest standing Genies that Royal has at the moment.  Super sharp dresser (not like that matters lol) and he loves LV.  

I know you said that you have an ATS but do you mind if I ask what deck you are on?  Trying to figure out what suites they have for myself...

I think she said they were in 8730 ?