No Black Friday Deals for Us??

Chapula

4 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

No way to know - you'll just have to keep checking.  Check frequently - there's never telling when a price may drop, and they don't always occur during advertised sales.

Can you ask the people that book on the ship. I am sure they would tell everybody about that Black Friday sales if they were going to be any. The only thing they are there to do is sell sell sell LOL Bon Voyage  

From what I know the answer would be YES.  

IE you booked Voom or specialty restaurants.  You are locked out from cancelling and rebooking 3 days prior to your sail date.

Honestly, as a US poster that was in Sydney 18 months ago,  I am jealous of you.  What a great location to sail from.  We stayed at the Inter Continental in Sydney Harbor and I could see (Ovation?) from my room.  There really is no better port in my mind.  Sydney Opera House is walking distance from the terminal, unlike here in the US, and I mean safe to walk to.  The Quay, Mrs. Macquaries chair.  QVB.  Taronga Zoo.    No car needed for any of those things.  I told my husband I now have a new bucket list item and it is sailing out of Sydney.  We have sailed out of Venice, England, Miami, Baltimore and NJ.  Lived in AK, so I know that port too.  This port is OH MY GOD perfect.

If you are staying overnight in Sydney, we really did love the Intercontinental Hotel Sydney Harbor.  There is an interesting fact about that hotel for US citizens.  This building was originally the Australian Treasury.  It was built in the mid 1800s.  Due to this fact it is basically more bomb proof compared to the newer hotels.  It is the hotel that our Presidents, family and Secret service will stay at due to safety.  They actually have a secret entrance...hint if you stay there...there is a long table against the wall where the elevator bank is, and an elevator that seems to never work.  That is where the secret entrance is, and that elevator only works for those that come in the secret entrance.  The week we were there the Obama family had just left as we checked in.  A few nights later as we were hanging in their lounge area, we were told Oprah had just checked out, never saw her.  Hubby and I laughed bc we saw the table gone when we came down.

This hotel is truly 5 stars.  It rained 1 day, I did not pack an umbrella.  Came down and asked where I could get 1., they handed 1 to me.  They didn't even ask for my room card. 

18 minutes ago, Chef Sandra said:

Can you ask the people that book on the ship. I am sure they would tell everybody about that Black Friday sales if they were going to be any. The only thing they are there to do is sell sell sell LOL Bon Voyage  

Yes....I was figuring that would be my only hope, too.

8 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

From what I know the answer would be YES.  

IE you booked Voom or specialty restaurants.  You are locked out from cancelling and rebooking 3 days prior to your sail date.

Honestly, as a US poster that was in Sydney 18 months ago,  I am jealous of you.  What a great location to sail from.  We stayed at the Inter Continental in Sydney Harbor and I could see (Ovation?) from my room.  There really is no better port in my mind.  Sydney Opera House is walking distance from the terminal, unlike here in the US, and I mean safe to walk to.  The Quay, Mrs. Macquaries chair.  QVB.  Taronga Zoo.    No car needed for any of those things.  I told my husband I now have a new bucket list item and it is sailing out of Sydney.  We have sailed out of Venice, England, Miami, Baltimore and NJ.  Lived in AK, so I know that port too.  This port is OH MY GOD perfect.

If you are staying overnight in Sydney, we really did love the Intercontinental Hotel Sydney Harbor.  There is an interesting fact about that hotel for US citizens.  This building was originally the Australian Treasury.  It was built in the mid 1800s.  Due to this fact it is basically more bomb proof compared to the newer hotels.  It is the hotel that our Presidents, family and Secret service will stay at due to safety.  They actually have a secret entrance...hint if you stay there...there is a long table against the wall where the elevator bank is, and an elevator that seems to never work.  That is where the secret entrance is, and that elevator only works for those that come in the secret entrance.  The week we were there the Obama family had just left as we checked in.  A few nights later as we were hanging in their lounge area, we were told Oprah had just checked out, never saw her.  Hubby and I laughed bc we saw the table gone when we came down.

This hotel is truly 5 stars.  It rained 1 day, I did not pack an umbrella.  Came down and asked where I could get 1., they handed 1 to me.  They didn't even ask for my room card. 

Yep...because of the 3 day lock out I think the timing is really bad for us to get the online deals.  I will still ask though when we get onboard.  

Very cool experience with the Intercontinental Hotel!  This will be our 2nd cruise out of Sydney and probably not our last.  We stayed at the Four Seasons in Circular Quay (figured we could 'splurge' for one night" the last time.  We just LOVE area! Being a short walk away from the Opera House doesn't hurt, either.  Our son has moved to a small town called Jindabyne, which is about 300 miles from Sydney.  He just had our first granddaughter and we plan on visiting every year in Dec. So we figured might as well do cruises and family visits too!  Makes that long flight worthwhile. ?