Rhapsody

mworkman

I can't compare to other RCL ships as Rhapsody is the only one I've been on, but here are my thoughts on our 7 night trip from this past September:

• Ship is older but well maintained.
  • Smaller ship with not many activities.  I thought it could have used one more family activity like mini golf or something.  However,  the activities staff is top notch and makes up for it with excellent activities.  We had a lot of fun at the trivia events, game shows, etc.  We would go back just for the activities staff.  We only had one sea day though.  Maybe we would have felt the lack of activities more if we had more sea days.
  • MDR was excellent.  We loved our meals and service.  Same for Chops.  My husband loved his food at Giovanni's but my stuffed chicken entree was nearly inedible.
  • We had some issues with Guest Services not knowing what they were doing, giving out incorrect information, being generally incompetent. 
  • Loved the bar staff for the most part; Schooners was our fave.
  • Spa was mediocre.  Long waits despite having appointments booked.
  • Food in Windjammer was good and generally kept well stocked.  There were issues with getting seating sometimes, especially at breakfast.
  • Our room was in the forward part of deck 8.  There were some nights where the noise from dancing on the pool deck was kind of ridiculous--constant, loud thumping on our ceiling until 1 am.  Would avoid a cabin in that area.

We were pleasantly surprised by how entertained we were the whole time.  I had been wanting to try an Oasis class ship but after our experience on Rhapsody I started thinking that it might be too much for us to jump up to such a big ship.  It was nice seeing the same groups of people over and over again.  The cruise felt like a true shared experience and we were all in it together.

We did 4 weeks on here last year from Venice all the way back to the US and we really enjoyed our cruises. The crew were awesome, the food was great and we met some really great people aboard. The ship is in our opinion in great shape and well looked after. 

Enjoy your cruise!

7 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Thanks all for the info! This eases my mind some since she is a smaller class ship than we have sailed on.

I know it wasn't Rhapsody but we were on two of the smaller ships (Majesty and Vision)  and we had a great time on both.  I will have to agree with what @berkeleykel said, it was the same on both of the other smaller ships we sailed on but the staff more than make up for it.  The staff was absolutely AMAZING on both and left us both speechless, I honestly would gladly sail on both of them again.  That being said I would not try them for anything longer than 3-5 days because they seem a wee bit too small for our taste for a cruise for much longer than that. I think that you guys will have a great time and enjoy it!  Have a great cruise!