Empress of the Seas November 15-23, 2019

PG Cruiser

I’m starting this blog for my sailing on the Empress.  Seeing so much content on the Empress already on this forum, my blog will not be an exhaustive one, especially because I know that a much better blogger is also on this sailing (*cough* @twangster*cough*)

For those who would like some recon mission on this ship, I’d gladly do what I can.

PRE-CRUISE: Overnight before sailing

@Matt often says in his live videos that you won’t get any sleep the night before a cruise.  I’m experiencing the fulfillment of that “prophecy” this very moment, posting this at 3:00AM while tossing and turning on my bed in a Miami hotel.  Morning seems so far away.

Uh-oh... I just realized I left my passport at home.  Do I have a problem?

I have my US Driver’s License.  I don’t have a birth certificate with me.  I have a photo of my passport on my phone.

EDIT:  Ooops... I spoke too soon.  It was in my other bag.  Lack of sleep has messed up my focus.

11 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

EDIT:  Ooops... I spoke too soon.  It was in my other bag.  Lack of sleep has messed up my focus.

Whew..that made my heart skip a beat for a moment.  I always have my passport card in my wallet and I do take my birth certificate AND my passport when I cruise just to be extra sure!

1 minute ago, PG Cruiser said:

My passport card is in the same case as my passport book.  I think I should keep them separate

I just threw mine in my wallet because my FL license isn't set to be renewed until next year and I don't want to be caught off-guard by the real ID compliance for airline travel that's going to kick in next year.  Plus my DL photo looks nothing like me anymore ?

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@PG Cruiser Happy Birthday! But what’s with the 100? You can’t possibly be 100, or maybe you’re a bot too? ?

I’m celebrating two birthdays on this cruise.  My grandma who passed away last year would have been 100 yesterday (November 15th).  The celebration last night was for her.  My birthday is on the 23rd which I am celebrating on the 22nd, the last night of the cruise.  It’s funny how the cruise starts on her birthday and ends on mine.

Speaking of bots, I was seated two tables away from the famous “bot” on this forum, but I only saw him with a few side glances.  I know it’s not good to stare at people... ?  There were clues that it was him.  First, he was dining alone. (Hmmm... solo cruiser).  Second, his waiter said, “Oh, good to see you back” (Hmmm... frequent cruiser) Then I saw what he was browsing on his phone - THIS FORUM! (Aha!!! It’s him!!!)

Dear Mr Bot, I must have looked “stalkerish” to you huh? ?