Parking New Orleans

Razerbkfan

Looking for information/suggestions for parking at New Orleans cruise port.  We’re driving in so are not planning a hotel stay.  Full disclosure we’re going out on NCL but since we’re Emerald with RCL you have always been my go to for help.  Just as a FYI we are trying NCL this cruise because we thought their 5 for free offer was going to be a savings.  So far we’re not that impressed.  By the time we actually booked, sorry we’re balcony snobs, the cost is pretty comparable to what we would have expected to pay all in with RCL.  But at this point we thought why not g ahead and give them a try.  I can offer a comparison review latter if anyone is interested.  Thanks

Fulton Place Parking garage is convenient.  You pre-pay for your parking reservation at: https://www.neworleansparking.com/ and then you show them your confirmation when you show up.  You can easily walk (about 2 blocks) to the cruise terminal or they have a shuttle.  If you use them, I suggest dropping off your party at the bottom level with the luggage before you park as the elevators are small and slow.  It's much easier for a single person to take the stairs down without luggage after parking.  Then on the way back just send the driver to pick up the car and drive to the port to pick up your party.  Driving is a little further as you have to go all the way around the convention center that is between the parking garage and the port.  You can see how close the garage is on this map.  NCL uses the Julia Street terminal.

image.thumb.png.1e8d134a3ac8c841fe2cf8b79b44bb79.png

9 hours ago, Galveston Steve said:

I concur with the Fulton Place recommendation. We used it on a Royal Caribbean cruise and it worked out great. Since it’s covered I feel it is superior to the port parking lot which is an outdoor surface lot. 

Depending on when you are using it, the only option for the cruise may be the top level which is uncovered.  It costs less than the covered option when you get to choose between the two.