HOTS - Fitness Center - rowing machines?

Nopa Notaway

I have not sailed on HOTS but I can tell you that out of 9 cruises every last single one has had a rowing machine, I use it regularly and it is one of the things that I use to get my cardio in before and after lifting weights.  I have been on ships from Majesty up to Oasis and have used them on all of them! 

12 hours ago, Nopa Notaway said:

My child is supposed to do cardio over her Winter Break, preferably using a rowing machine.

How old is your child? The minimum age to use the fitness centre is 16 years, although there is some (inconsistent i.e. may vary from ship to ship) allowance for 13+ if accompanied by an adult.

2 hours ago, Nopa Notaway said:

Thanks everyone!  That's great news! 

My DD is 14, but I'm hoping we can get a waiver (I would accompany her/supervise).  

It would probably be worth your while bringing some kind of document with you (e.g. from her coach or doctor or whatever is appropriate) to say that she's supposed to do this cardio training. There's a good chance nobody will raise any questions about it on board but given the inconsistency I mentioned before it would be useful to have.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:12 PM, FionaMG said:

It would probably be worth your while bringing some kind of document with you (e.g. from her coach or doctor or whatever is appropriate) to say that she's supposed to do this cardio training. There's a good chance nobody will raise any questions about it on board but given the inconsistency I mentioned before it would be useful to have.

Thanks!  Great idea!  I'll ask the Coach to send me an email...