Embarkation with the Key Question

Birdman325

Going on our first RC cruise (Navigator) at the end of Dec. I have purchased the Key and my cruise package material says my embarkation time is between 11 and 11:30. 
Possibly silly question but does the Key allow me to board “anytime” (even earlier than my stated time of 11-11:30) or do I still have to show up at the terminal in that window but the Key has some form of separate line? 
thanx in advance. 

I bought it for our cruise leaving from Miami on 11/19/2019 just for the early embark time. However I just received an email stating that the Coast Guard is going through a mandatory inspection no one should come to the terminal prior to 2:30pm. I canceled it since everything it offered was canceled . I called RC and I had to send the rep the email since they knew nothing about it. They said they would reschedule the lunch with the Chops menu during the Cruise. I have to be honest I am not a fan of Royal Caribbean and end up on them because we have friends who are financially not able to book a good line. Our last Cruise was on the Oasis of the seas and it was terrible. Over crowded , the room was in terrible condition, holes in the room darkening curtains, it smelled and they kept trying to make up for it with a menu in a specialty restaurant and they never could get us in unless it was 10pm or 4 in the afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Birdman325 said:

Going on our first RC cruise (Navigator) at the end of Dec. I have purchased the Key and my cruise package material says my embarkation time is between 11 and 11:30. 
Possibly silly question but does the Key allow me to board “anytime” (even earlier than my stated time of 11-11:30) or do I still have to show up at the terminal in that window but the Key has some form of separate line? 
thanx in advance. 

You can show up any time. They will likely begin boarding around 10:30-11:00 and The Key guests will be called near the top of the list (on my Mariner sailing they boarded us with Pinnacles, Diamonds, and Suite guests, but I think that was because there were only about 30 of us in the terminal that early.

@Chef Sandra, it is HIGHLY unlikely boarding will actually be delayed until 2:30PM.  These form emails (and in fact all emails giving you specific boarding times) should be ignored.  You'll find this advice in many, many threads on these boards.  Most people report still report boarding around 11 even when they've supposedly had a Coast Guard inspection.  If you have the Key and showed up at 2:30, you would probably be told you missed your Chops Key lunch.  Also, purchasing the Key for an earlier embark time doesn't make sense.  If you are there (and checked in) before boarding starts, yes, you'll be among the first to board.  However, non-Key guests who also showed up that early will be following you onto the ship.  The Key has its benefits, but embark time is not one of them (in my opinion of course).