Nassau Excursions

tchampion

@Mattim cruising on Allure of the seas January 26 out of Ft. Lauderdale for my 40bday and 4 years cancer free (diagnosed the day before my bday) so I celebrate big!!! My actual bday will be in Nassau. I don't want to go to Atlantis. None of the other excursions through Royal Caribbean for that day seem to thrill me like other ports. Do you have any suggestions? I was told by a past cruiser to take a taxi into the city and just aight see and shop. I would love to parasail or jet ski but I don't see an excursion for that. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

On 11/13/2019 at 2:58 PM, tchampion said:

@Mattim cruising on Allure of the seas January 26 out of Ft. Lauderdale for my 40bday and 4 years cancer free (diagnosed the day before my bday) so I celebrate big!!! My actual bday will be in Nassau. I don't want to go to Atlantis. None of the other excursions through Royal Caribbean for that day seem to thrill me like other ports. Do you have any suggestions? I was told by a past cruiser to take a taxi into the city and just aight see and shop. I would love to parasail or jet ski but I don't see an excursion for that. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

The "city" is right next to the dock. You basically empty from the ship right in to the city center. There's plenty of shops, if that's what you're interested in. You can also check out a couple of government buildings if that interests you (since it's the national capital), take the stroll over the Queen's Staircase, grab a drink at the Pirate Republic Brewery if that interests you, have some local seafood (conch fritters are recommended). Other than that, I just kinda head back to the ship and enjoy it being a little quieter. 

On 11/13/2019 at 2:58 PM, tchampion said:

You definitely don't need a taxi in Nassau -- the city is right outside the port, and is only a few blocks either way...one idea is to go to the Graycliff Hotel...you can buy access to the pool for the day for $20...there's a phenomenal chocolatier there and a great restaurant. It can be a little pricey, but fun...

Another idea is to get a taxi or #10 bus to Baha Mar and make a day of it...much cheaper than Atlantis and more low key

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...