NextCruise versus Release Date

My wife and I will be going on our 2nd Royal Caribbean cruise in March. My son wants to go on a cruise for his graduation present in June/July of 2021. Based on everyone's experience would it be better to book this cruise next week when they are released or wait until March on our cruise and talk to NextCruise about our options. 

Also, we would have 5 or 6 people going - all 18+. I know some rooms will fit more than 4. Again based on your experience, does it make more sense to book 1 cabin that holds 5/6 or book 2 separate cabins?

7 minutes ago, YoungEmptyNesters said:

My wife and I will be going on our 2nd Royal Caribbean cruise in March. My son wants to go on a cruise for his graduation present in June/July of 2021. Based on everyone's experience would it be better to book this cruise next week when they are released or wait until March on our cruise and talk to NextCruise about our options. 

Also, we would have 5 or 6 people going - all 18+. I know some rooms will fit more than 4. Again based on your experience, does it make more sense to book 1 cabin that holds 5/6 or book 2 separate cabins?

I would book the week they are released best chance of getting the lowest price.. Then I would price watch like a hawk to see if the pricing goes down at all.. I would totally get 2 rooms. You guys are all adults essentially and just having 2 bathrooms vs 1 bathroom makes all the difference.. Plus the people who would have to sleep on the sleeper couch will be so uncomfortable.. Sure the sofa is fine for kids but in my opinion its horrible for adults its just really not comfortable.. Also because Royal has a limited number of cabins that fit 5 and 6 people they jack the prices up and its often better to book 2-3 cabins rather than 1 cabin..