Day Excursions - Southern Caribbean

Familyof4

Hello,

Our flights are now booked so I can move on to the fun planning :) for our first cruise.

Our ports of call are St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, Saint Lucia and Barbados. I will be travelling with my hubby and two teens (16 and 15). Please let me know what you've enjoyed and would recommend. We love a great beach so for sure will be doing Boatyard and the kids have expressed an interest in zip lining.

Thank you

Our ports of call are St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, Saint Lucia and Barbados. I will be travelling with my hubby and two teens (16 and 15). Please let me know what you've enjoyed and would recommend. We love a great beach so for sure will be doing Boatyard and the kids have expressed an interest in zip lining.

While I have not done it personally, my next door neighbor cruises and they did zip lining in St. Lucia and enjoyed it.

(The reason I know this is because we were on Jewel, they on Adventure on the same week, and we met in port to have a drink after his excursion.  Funny thing is I hadn't met his wife until that day, so I can honestly say I travelled 2,400 miles to meet my next door neighbor).

We rented a car and drove to Orient Beach last April.  There was a lot of seaweed.  We asked and were told it was a recent problem.  I don't know if it's cleared up as of now.  That was a year ago.  Really, there is a nice, but busy, beach right of the ships in St. Marteen.  Not many trees, but you can rent shade.  Lots of shopping, drinks, food and snacks right there.  For families, Orient beach is topless and clothing optional in sections.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...