Do I have to purchase the beverage package as well as internet

Fayver

Hi all....My husband wants to purchase the  Full Alcohol & Beverage  pack and I will RELUCTANTLY be purchasing it as well .  As I have read from the cruise line we MUST purchase 2 packages if we are sharing a cabin.  I am NOT a huge drinker.....so it’s going to be a task for me to get my moneys worth.  Regardless I HAVE NO CHOICE.
BUT is it possible for only 1 of us to purchase the WIFI ADD ON...We will only have the 1 Device, most likely my IPad or Mobile phone.  We are not tech savvy people and I really only require it so that I can keep in CONTACT with my child.  Is it possible to purchase as required?  OR are we BOTH going to be required to purchase as per the beverage package?  It seems a little unfair if so! 
Is it worth the extra money & is it as easily accessible as they claim?   Can I watch previously downloaded movies etc on my device or can I use a USB on the TV in the cabin to watch? Any info appreciated ? We will be FIRST time cruisers so we are VERY inexperienced in the art of Cruising and would appreciate all the Must Do’s and Dont’s! ? So ALL tips,tricks etc....gratefully received, Cheers Fay 1st timer?

Hi @Fayver, welcome to the RCBlog forums!

It's fine for one person to get the "combo package" while the other gets just the deluxe package by itself. But you will likely need to call Royal to set that up, since the Cruise Planner will expect both people to get the same combo package. Since you'll need to be on the phone with them anyway, it might not hurt to ask if you can just get the refreshment package as you're essentially a non-drinker; Royal allows for exceptions in the case of people who truly cannot drink alcohol (medical reasons, recovering alcoholic, religious requirements), and in the past those who just plain don't like to drink. Might be a little harder to swing since you do drink some alcoholic beverages, but if you just tell them you don't drink alcohol they likely won't press it. Then you can buy your alcoholic beverages a la carte once on board.

I would suggest that you also take a look at the pricing of 1-device VOOM surf-and-stream plus the regular deluxe beverage package and compare to the combo package; oftentimes the combo isn't any cheaper, and sometimes it's actually more than buying them separately. All depends on the current promo in effect.