2021 Europe Itineraries

DMLM

Just now, GlassSlipper said:

I’m not sure about Rome, but the ones for Venice are posted. 

Yes, I saw. However, I've been hoping to honeymoon to Rome then go on a cruise to Greece. Hoping they add some new itineraries, otherwise I will look at Celebrity. If all else fails, I'll reconsider Venice.

15 minutes ago, MelKaps said:

Sadly, I don't see any Greece cruises leaving from Rome. Are they just not posted yet? ?

There is one Rhapsody cruise up that leaves from Rome.  It must just be a matter of not being posted yet, because Royal's website says Odyssey will be doing med cruises from Rome. 

Interestingly, Harmony is doing a few western Med cruises departing from Rome. 

2 minutes ago, berkeleykel said:

So the Harmony itineraries departing from Barcelona and departing from Rome overlap -  it looks like the idea is that in any 7 given days guests may be embarking/disembarking at either Barcelona or Rome.  Either that, or a major glitch. Has this been done before?  Seems like a logistical nightmare .

Starts in one port and ends in the other, and then just reverses for the next cruise?

5 minutes ago, berkeleykel said:

So the Harmony itineraries departing from Barcelona and departing from Rome overlap -  it looks like the idea is that in any 7 given days guests may be embarking/disembarking at either Barcelona or Rome.  Either that, or a major glitch. Has this been done before?  Seems like a logistical nightmare .

I believe these are the dual-embarkation cruises.  Folks will get on in Rome and some will get on in Barcelona.  

2 minutes ago, FManke said:

And everybody gets off in Rome at the end?

Nope..I think they do juggle two overlapping itineraries each week..roundtrip from Barcelona and roundtrip from Rome. 

There will be a separate gangway for those embarking/debarking and those having a port stop "in transit". 

They've done this for several years, so they're used to the logistical execution of it all.  

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

Nope..I think they do juggle two overlapping itineraries each week..roundtrip from Barcelona and roundtrip from Rome. 

There will be a separate gangway for those embarking/debarking and those having a port stop "in transit". 

They've done this for several years, so they're used to the logistical execution of it all.  

I guess I never noticed it before. As always, you learn something new here all the time.

3 minutes ago, FManke said:

Doesn't this seem kind of unusual for a standard 7 night cruise?

Check out https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compasses/oasis-of-the-seas/thu-2019-08-15-0000 and you'll see they refer to the days by the day of the week and they also talk about the shuttles and separate Muster Drill.

Kind of interesting to think about exactly how much the logistics comes into play for booking like this!

2 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Is there an example of them doing this in 2020? I don't see anything.

9 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I believe these are the dual-embarkation cruises.  Folks will get on in Rome and some will get on in Barcelona.  

1 minute ago, FManke said:

Doesn't this seem kind of unusual for a standard 7 night cruise?

Not unusual. Oasis class ships have done this on that standard 7-night western med itinerary for some years now. It's apparently called "inter-porting". It works fine but it does mean that for the folks embarking and disembarking at the minor port, the onboard activities are out of kilter. So the Captain's welcome aboard party will be several days into their cruise because it's based around the main embarkation port, which historically on these itineraries has been Barcelona.

MSC take this to a whole different level, with people embarking and disembarking at practically every port! 

We like the 12N British Isles on the Jewel (7/15/21).  Does anyone have a guess at the cost of round trip airfare between Boston & Amsterdam?

Also, does anyone know when Celebrity will release their 2021 Europe (British Isles, Iceland, Norway) itineraries?

Thanks in Advance... ?