1st Time Cruiser Quantum of seas Tips Please?

Fayver

Hi all...any tips you can give would be very grateful for.  .I’m worried about our upcoming Cruise to celebrate my  30th Wedding Anniversary .  My Husband & I have  never been on a big cruise ship.  We have finally Booked in advance our cruise on QUANTUM OF THE SEAS, from Singapore to Beijing April 30th  we depart.  I’m concerned & exited at the same time...I am assuming that  there will be a lot of Asian travellers.  Im a little worried as I love to interact and meet new people, but Im going to be disadvantaged because of the language barrier.  So if you can give me any tips or recommendations, they will be much appreciated.   (Unfortunately I can’t do a language course...my brain couldn’t cope with having to speak another language let alone remember it?).  We booked via a travel agent and apparently she got us a  a “”GREAT DEAL’”?  She had managed to get us a Larger  than usual interior  Cabin?  I was quite thrilled about that as I am a bit claustrophobic.   
However.....  I’ve just seen online that  the cabin is classed  & allocated for DISABLED passengers.   Our Cabin number 11525  with VR Balcony is on DECK 11 .  I can understand & see why it’s larger for wheelchair access etc.   I’m quite happy to have a larger room BUT.....it’s  
WHERE it is positioned on deck that has got me very worried now.  My concern is NOISE late at night and early morning.   I now know that it’s on the deck near the where kids club activities are.  I love kids..but I love my sleep too?.  There are cabins BELOW us on deck 10 so hopefully not too noisy.....BUT on the DECK Plan LEVEL 12 ABOVE US has a LARGE WHITE UNMARKED AREA ABOVE OUR CABIN.   Is this where the Dodgem Cars , Basketball Laundry or Crew quarters are?     Im panicking &  wondering if we actually “HAVE” been given such Great Deal?”  I’m assuming that we are going to be in the NOISIEST area of the ship ?.  I have been looking forward to this for such a long time, it’s a dream come true for me .   I’m just so afraid that it’s going to spoil our holiday and that I can’t do anything about it!  All advice gratefully received...I will definItely bring earplugs  ,Cheers & thanks in advance ??

In my opinion, there is nothing to worry about. Quantum may be stationed in Asia, but as you are doing a repositioning cruise, there will be a much higher percentage of international guests onboard. English is also always the first language on any RCCL ship so not all the crew will know Chinese, but all of them will know fluent English. Also on Quantum class, all of the rooms are quiet and the area you are referring to on Deck 12 is where the Officer cabins and the bridge are so I wouldn't worry about any sound. The only inconvenience I can see would be the far walk from the elevators, but that's just me. Hope you have a great cruise on Quantum. 

Thank you so much for your reply. I am now feeling less stressed about the language barrier shock and am really looking forward to my trip. It’s great that people like yourself have this knowledge to share about the cruise. Am satisfied it will be an unforgettable experience ?