Dynamic Dining

cmdrfrag

Hey guys, was thinking about this over the weekend and wanted to see what the consensus was on Dynamic Dining and its removal

A quick summary for anyone who didn't experience Dynamic Dining...

This was a new approach to the main dining on board and appears on the Quantum Class ships and Harmony of the Seas *Kinda* (Cant remember if Symphony was built this way too) The idea was that instead of 1 MDR the ship has 4 different Restaurants. All 4 had different styles and different menus and you would reserve or book a table for which ever one you fancied that night

When we booked for Anthem back in 2015 the way it was explained to us was that it was like restaurants in your home town, there's the Chinese restaurant, the comfort food/diner, the more formal place and then the fancy food place. You cant make a book for whenever you like or you can just show up and maybe wait a little bit for a table.

I had only been on 1 cruise before this so never got too used the MDR and the way it operated, this new dining process seemed to make sense to me and the wife and we really enjoyed it. We found it worked well, though we didn't really like the food in Chic so only ate in there once

It seemed that Dynamic Dining got a lot of negative comments so Royal tried to make a hybrid of Dynamic Dining and the MDR experience with Dynamic Dining Classic which honestly when I read it I din't think was really going to work.

Not long after Dynamic Dining was done away with, the 4 restaurants still exist obviously, but they not just serve the same menu and act as if they are the one MDR where your table and time are assigned to you for each night of the Cruise.

For anyone else who experienced the Dynamic Dining, how did you find it and do you think Royal will try something like this again?

4 hours ago, Mike.s said:

We experienced it on Anthem earlier this year, missed having one main dining room, couldn't see have 4 offered any advantages, especially as the menu was the same in each

I'm pretty sure Dynamic Dining hasn't existed for multiple years.  As explained above the 4 dining rooms had different menus and you rotated between them.  It didn't go over well so they swtiched back to single menu, no rotation which is what I'm sure you experienced.  But there's no way to recreate a single dining room without a major dry dock remodeling.

The dynamic dining is similar to DCL where you move to a different dining room each evening. The big difference is on DCL only the decorum changes and the menu and servers are the same. Not sure why they thought that everyone would move to different food styles but apparently passengers voted with their reservations and it was dropped quickly.