Photo Packages

Matt122

Leaving on Explorer of the Seas next Tuesday and have a question about the photo packages.  I believe Matt spoke about this on one of the podcasts.  We are traveling with our kids and grandkids.  Our son has 3 children and one of them will be in our stateroom.  I guess I'm not sure how it works.  If he was to pay for the photo package, as long as he is in the photo, it's included?  So if our granddaughter is in the picture, that's ok too?  We would purchase it but we want the pictures with all of the grandkids and they are in 3 different staterooms. I think we would have to buy the ackage for all 3 cabins if we did that though.  Thanks for the help!

Hi,

When we were on explorer in the summer when ever we had photos taken they asked for the room key. We were one family in 3 rooms but had them all linked to one room. At the end we viewed ALL the photos on the screen all from our one card. I would assume that if we had the package we would have got them all? I’m sure somebody knows for sure here, everybody has been super helpful ?

Enjoy your cruise,

Nikkoo

We sailed in July on Anthem with a party of 10 in three different rooms.  One room bought the photo package.  As long as one person in the room that had the photo package was in the photo the picture was included.  This worked well as grandparents could be in photos with the grandkids and we also scored some good shots with just the kids.  However, when we tried to include a photo of my family only (with no cousins or inlaws in the photo that had purchased the photo package) our photo was removed from their picture file.  Having said that - Anthem has facial recognition and this was the first time we've ever had photos bumped from a photo package.

In the past we've had one room buy the package and have shared the package among the 10 of us with no problems.  I'm guessing on an older ship you should be okay if the photos are allocated to a sea pass that has the photo package on it.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:48 PM, Matt122 said:

Leaving on Explorer of the Seas next Tuesday and have a question about the photo packages.  I believe Matt spoke about this on one of the podcasts.  We are traveling with our kids and grandkids.  Our son has 3 children and one of them will be in our stateroom.  I guess I'm not sure how it works.  If he was to pay for the photo package, as long as he is in the photo, it's included?  So if our granddaughter is in the picture, that's ok too?  We would purchase it but we want the pictures with all of the grandkids and they are in 3 different staterooms. I think we would have to buy the ackage for all 3 cabins if we did that though.  Thanks for the help!

I would have your son put the photo package under his name.  This way it will cover him and everyone in his stateroom.  It will also cover any of HIS children up to the age of 21 regardless of the stateroom they're in.  All you would have to do is make sure you are in a photo with anyone in your son's cabin or his children.  When they asked for the cabin number, my wife always gave them ours and never the one of the kids.  Thinking about it afterwards, it ensures they all ended up under my name even though the kids cabin was linked and would have been included anyway.