Navigator/cococay

Cruising

2 hours ago, Cruising said:

Hi all,

I will be on navigator from Miami on the 23-27 of December will there be any Christmas events and what are the best tips for navigator and cocoay as it is my first time after the cococay renovation 

thanks in advance 

Hi Cruising. We loved CocoCay when we were on Navigator this May and again this August. For the May Trip I did a full live blog. One big tip would be to get in early and do the water slides early, both onboard and at CocoCay if you are planning to purchase the  Thrill Waterpark passes. Lines at all the slides grow throughout the morning, so if you can’t get out there early, wait till later. 

Just got off Navigator on Friday. It's amazing! I bet it's even more amazing during Christmas. You're gonna have a great time.

iSkate is a MUST SEE!! Don't be late though. You don't wanna miss the drone lights show at the beginning. We love both Ballroom Fever and Showgirls theater shows. Didn't go to any comedy show though. 

We did a little bit of karaoke. Didn't quite like it coz the song choice was very limited. Hush Party (silent disco) was a blast!! Everyone looked so silly dancing in silence but truly having a load of fun.

Hit The Perfect Storm at 9 am, right at the time it opens. I did that on the sea day and managed to get on the slides for 6 times in 30 minutes. The line started to form around 9:30 am. If I wasn't getting exhausted from climbing all those stairs I would play for a few more times. I planned to do the slides on port days, but somehow it got busy already after we came back from port, which was around 3 pm.

One thing about Coco Cay...BE CAREFUL OF THE TRAMS! The tram we took from the ship to arrival plaza ran at SUPER FAST SPEED I had to hold on to my poor old mom so she didn't fall off  the tram. And later when we're heading back to the ship, we stopped at arrival plaza to take some pics of the water slide. I was looking up, so I didn't realize there're two trams heading my way (both directions from my left and right). My mom saw one of them coming and pulled me away, but as we stepping back, the other one from the other direction almost hit my mom. It missed only by a few inches. I know I should have been more careful about where to stand while taking pics. It's my fault. But my concern is neither of the tram driver tried to alert us when they saw me in their way. No yelling, no horn, no slowing down. They just drove towards us in normal (quite fast if you ask me) speed. When my mom noticed the first one it's already about 20 feet away from us, and no sign of slowing down.

So yeah, just be aware when you and your family walk to/from the ship or at arrival plaza. It's absolutely gorgeous at Coco Cay so it's easy to get distracted and forget about the surroundings.