crown and anchor society

Loretta L

Hi

It's my first time cruising on the Liberty of the seas in feb 2020.  My husband and I have registered for the crown and anchor society membership.  Will we be able to board early on this sailing as a result of our membership or is that just for our next cruise should we choose to book another one?

Thank you very much

Loretta Lauzon

The Gold Perks will kick in on your second sailing. So priority boarding will not be available for this sailing. 

However, not sure which port you are sailing out of, but most of them have pretty easy boarding for all guests. So it shouldn't take you to long to get on the ship. 

Enjoy your cruise!

Bear in mind the Crown & Anchor Society is a loyalty program.  We all had our first sailing on a Royal ship at some point.  None of us could claim to be loyal the first time we sailed with Royal.  Upon returning to sail again we could then claim loyalty and begin to reap the benefits.  The more you return the better the loyalty benefits become.    

Dont have too high of expectations for being the lowest level of the loyalty program.  As with all loyalty programs, you don't really see the better benefits until you get higher in the program.  For Royal the Gold level has minimal benefits, but of course its better than NO benefits ?  and as stated above...you won't get any benefits until your second cruise which will be your first Gold level C&A cruise!

The priority boarding will depend on what cabin you booked. If you have a suite there is a different, shorter line for you. If you are like the rest of us with an inside or balcony room you will go in the normal cruise line which is like the TSA lines you have at the airport except it does seem to move quicker and  you do not have to remove your shoes, etc. When you do reach the higher levels (Emerald and above) on Royal you do move to the shorter line. In April they removed the Platinum status from the short line ?.

All that said, if you want a short wait in the line, get there early (10:00 ~ 10:30) like we do and the line is much shorter. Any time after 11:00 in Galveston will be about a 30 minute wait.

11 hours ago, Loretta L said:

Hi

It's my first time cruising on the Liberty of the seas in feb 2020.  My husband and I have registered for the crown and anchor society membership.  Will we be able to board early on this sailing as a result of our membership or is that just for our next cruise should we choose to book another one?

Thank you very much

Loretta Lauzon

To add to what has been said, here is the link to CAS benefits.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedin.do

As has been stated, priority boarding, where available, begins at Gold, and there are some perks for purchasing the Key, getting a suite, etc as mentioned above.  Have a great trip!

You will be boarding Galveston. TX and those sailings have a lot of C&A members (more than 50% of the ship) so depending on the time you arrive at the port you will actually see the new cruiser line or anyone under Platinum level (this is the level you start to get priority boarding at) will be much shorter than the priority line. A couple of weeks ago we arrived at 1pm and it was like this.

If you get to the port very early they have a waiting area upstairs that you wait at with a number, once the ship is ready for boarding (10:30-11am aprox.) they call out the numbers. (first to board are Back2back cruisers, Suites and Pinnacle members and then it goes by your numbers which are on a first come first serve basis)

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 years later...

Please do not take away any benefits your loyal guess have attained, it wouldn’t  be long before another company attract them with better perks. CnA guess have invested in Royal for many years and we live in a world of competition. Keep it attractive and trending. CB