Silly Question!

5 minutes ago, Lovestotravel said:

We have a balcony room on FOS next May.  Never having cruised before, I imagine enjoying sitting on the balcony on sea days, watching the water pass by etc.  Is that a reasonable expectation?  Are the balcony's too hot during sea days?  Too cold?  Too windy?  Just right? 

We had an outside balcony on the Harmony in September, and the temperature was fine, warmer sometimes than others.  This was western caribbean.  The wind wasn't bad at all.  Not sure where your room is on the Freedom, but you should be able to enjoy the view at least some of the time.  ( Neither May nor September are the hottest months in most venues.) Have a great cruise!

16 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

We had an outside balcony on the Harmony in September, and the temperature was fine, warmer sometimes than others.  This was western caribbean.  The wind wasn't bad at all.  Not sure where your room is on the Freedom, but you should be able to enjoy the view at least some of the time.  ( Neither May nor September are the hottest months in most venues.) Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the feedback!  We are mid-ship, 7th deck and are doing Southern Caribbean, ABC islands and St. Marteen.  

We usually get a balcony and its just fine to me! It can be windy depending on the day and the normal fluctuations in the weather but we end up spending quite some time out on ours.  I get up early in the morning and head off to the gym and grab a quick snack afterwards and sit out on the balcony and read a book and eat my "pre-breakfast" while the wife is still sleeping. There are times that I will spend out there just watching the waves roll by, to me its honestly perfect!  I can assure you that you will have a great time!  We have had balconies all over the ship and on quite a few decks and it really has not mattered.  Each and every one has always been greatly enjoyed! 

29 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I even spent tons (and I mean a LOT) of time on my balcony last June in Alaska. Rarely did I find it windy on the balcony, and often the temps were plenty warm enough to hang out there and read a book.

OMG AK was absolutely AMAZING, and I too spent quite a few hours sitting outside on my balcony, FAR more than I have for any other cruise.  We went in early June and I did have to bundle up but it was well worth it.  Definitely something I would wake up to everyday!  Almost wish that the ship could have docked during the evening hours so we did not miss any scenery outside!  

1 hour ago, ChessE4 said:

We were on FOTS 2 yrs w/ connecting balcony rooms and on Deck 9 and it was fine for our Western Caribbean cruise . No issues with wind, only glare from the sun.

It all depends on the weather conditions at that time. With that said, with normal wind from the movement of the ship, I only could feel it on the balcony if I stepped up to the rail. Sitting in the chairs, provided a nice relaxing spot to view the sea. 

But as someone mentioned above, if conditions aren't the best, you are just a couple of steps to being inside. 

If your a coffee drinker,  order a pot of coffee in the mornings from room service (its free) just remember to give your waiter a tip.  I'm a early riser so I order coffee when I get up and it usually takes about 15mins.  We enjoy looking out over the water and get to see some flying fish from time to time.  Enjoy your balcony time,  that's why you paid the extra money.  Your on vacation,  don't try to do too much.  Enjoy the moment

2 hours ago, MikeK said:

If your a coffee drinker,  order a pot of coffee in the mornings from room service (its free) just remember to give your waiter a tip.  I'm a early riser so I order coffee when I get up and it usually takes about 15mins.  We enjoy looking out over the water and get to see some flying fish from time to time.  Enjoy your balcony time,  that's why you paid the extra money.  Your on vacation,  don't try to do too much.  Enjoy the moment

Love this idea!  Is it true that there are also some complimentary items we can order for breakfast room service, in addition to coffee? 

25 minutes ago, Lovestotravel said:

Love this idea!  Is it true that there are also some complimentary items we can order for breakfast room service, in addition to coffee? 

We order continental breakfast items every morning for no extra costs.  Bagels, toast, donuts, pastries, fruit, etc.  Just remember to fill out the breakfast room service flyer and put it on the door knob the night before.  They call you when they are bringing it up in the morning in case you over sleep.  We love to eat our "breakfast" out on the balcony in the morning.

6 minutes ago, Shari said:

We order continental breakfast items every morning for no extra costs.  Bagels, toast, donuts, pastries, fruit, etc.  Just remember to fill out the breakfast room service flyer and put it on the door knob the night before.  They call you when they are bringing it up in the morning in case you over sleep.  We love to eat our "breakfast" out on the balcony in the morning.

Thanks!!