Allure to Texas

8 hours ago, Flacruiser99 said:

I have a feeling Nassau and a overnight in CoCo Cay might be in the mix,

One can hope. There are a handful of 7 days on Enchantment from Galveston that are Key West, CoCo Cay, Nassau itineraries. Maybe a test? I'm sure with an O class it would do even better. 

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

One can hope. There are a handful of 7 days on Enchantment from Galveston that are Key West, CoCo Cay, Nassau itineraries. Maybe a test? I'm sure with an O class it would do even better. 

We're on one of those itineraries and are looking forward to seeing how it goes.  Like @BB1 said though, the stop in Key West seems short at only 6 hours (12-6).

Would (will?) be much nicer on Allure!

Nothing larger than Solstice class is currently sailing into Key West due to local opposition.  

At the moment they are only allowed to maintain the shipping channel in its current form, no expansion or dredging beyond the current outline is allowed. 

Any talk of larger ships in KW is hotly debated locally and fireced fought usually ending up in court.  

They brought Mariner into KW once in 2012 I think.  I believe it was deemed to be too tight in the channel.  Should winds pickup or currents change they wouldn't be able to safely transit the channel to leave.

For Royal that means Vision or Radiance class are the largest ships allowed into KW for the foreseeable future.  Majesty and Empress are both making KW calls at the moment as well.  

22 minutes ago, twangster said:

Nothing larger than Solstice class is currently sailing into Key West due to local opposition.  

At the moment they are only allowed to maintain the shipping channel in its current form, no expansion or dredging beyond the current outline is allowed. 

Any talk of larger ships in KW is hotly debated locally and fireced fought usually ending up in court.  

They brought Mariner into KW once in 2012 I think.  I believe it was deemed to be too tight in the channel.  Should winds pickup or currents change they wouldn't be able to safely transit the channel to leave.

For Royal that means Vision or Radiance class are the largest ships allowed into KW for the foreseeable future.  Majesty and Empress are both making KW calls at the moment as well.  

Hmmm...guess that opens up an overnight in Nassau or Coco Cay?

5 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

Hmmm...guess that opens up an overnight in Nassau or Coco Cay?

Or what they are doing in Bayonne when Oasis goes there - the same itinerary week after week.  

Bayonne presents challenges for planning purposes as well.  

The problem for Galveston is that big Gulf that has to be transited every single time in both directions, much like the challenge for Bayonne involving the North Atlantic.  

The nice thing about Allure (and Oasis class in general) is the ship is the destination, or a big part of it.  It takes at least two cruises to see and do everything on board.  For a B2B you can stay on the ship in one port one week then get off the ship at that port the next week. 

Enjoying an Oasis class ship is a big part of the draw. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

The nice thing about Allure (and Oasis class in general) is the ship is the destination, or a big part of it.  It takes at least two cruises to see and do everything on board.  For a B2B you can stay on the ship in one port one week then get off the ship at that port the next week. 

Enjoying an Oasis class ship is a big part of the draw. 

thanks for making a great point! Have not been on the Oasis class as of yet. Can't wait!!!

Yeah and the pier at Grand Cayman is supposed to go for a vote sometime soon. To build a new pier I heard they have to eliminate 10 acres of coral reef and the locals aren’t happy about that. I can’t blame them. But tourism is so important also. I’m not sure how I would vote if I lived there. Major problem. 

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Only new thing I'm seeing for Galveston is Adventure to Amsterdam Transatlantic.

i tried to a dummy booking on it the other day, and it wouldn't let me through...is it letting you select a cabin?

i'm definitively keeping an eye out...i need me a 2 bedroom aquasuite :)

40 minutes ago, Hince57 said:

i tried to a dummy booking on it the other day, and it wouldn't let me through...is it letting you select a cabin?

i'm definitively keeping an eye out...i need me a 2 bedroom aquasuite ?

Adventure isn't going to have an aquasuite unless that's something new I don't know about! ?‍♀️

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

I just booked Odyssey transatlantic at NextCruise.  They had no idea Odyssey Europe had opened up yet.  So I'm not hopeful they call me when Allure in Galveston opens up.  

OMG I am SOOOO wanting to book one of those 12 night cruises to Greece and Israel.   I had to force myself to close the browser and step away from the keyboard....

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

OMG I am SOOOO wanting to book one of those 12 night cruises to Greece and Israel.   I had to force myself to close the browser and step away from the keyboard....

I asked my wife about booking it, but September is kryptonite to booking cruises here.  It's the first month of school and that's impossible.

33 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Allure sailings from Galveston are open.  Apparently they can't be seen by the travel agents or online yet, but you can call up the Royal Caribbean planners and book.  @Hince57 ... get on it!

Thank you @AshleyDillo BUT the thought of calling....not looking forward to doing that....but I guess you have to do what you have to do sometimes.

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm on the UP wait list, but I've always wanted to try an ATS so I might just stay where I am.  

Of course, I have not been inside one of the UPS but from what I have seen, I think the ATS is a much better option.  Unless there is a tremendous price difference or some other reason to choose the UPS I would stick with the ATS.  You already have an UPS booked a different time, right ?

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Of course, I have not been inside one of the UPS but from what I have seen, I think the ATS is a much better option.  Unless there is a tremendous price difference or some other reason to choose the UPS I would stick with the ATS.  You already have an UPS booked a different time, right ?

Oasis UP in 2022.  

By doing an ATS while I am younger the 67,000 extra steps shouldn't be an issue.  Still wish it was closer to SL/CK though.  

The NextCruise agent asked my dining preference.  Seriously? MDR?  I said  "My balcony... every night  ?".  

18 minutes ago, twangster said:

Oasis UP in 2022.  

By doing an ATS while I am younger the 67,000 extra steps shouldn't be an issue.  Still wish it was closer to SL/CK though.  

The NextCruise agent asked my dining preference.  Seriously? MDR?  I said  "My balcony... every night  ?".  

I will agree with you....it's a long dang way all the way to the ATS but honestly, I don't think it's going to be any fewer steps from all the way forward, either.  I guess it depends on where you are going...but if you're going up to 17, it's going to be a trek from the UPS.

You're doing the right thing though....easing yourself into Star Class.  Once there, you're doomed.  

I have to laugh about the MDR preference when in SC.  2 weeks ago, when we were on Oasis, we had a call from the Maitre 'd in the MDR asking why we had not been to the MDR all week.  I kind of held the phone away and looked at it and then put it back to my ear.  I just said that we had been eating in the specialty restaurants and left it at that.  It does seem incredibly stupid for them to hold a table for you in the MDR when you are SC.  Doesn't the Genie let them know that you won't be coming ?