Allure to Texas

6 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

Wow, Pier 10 is farther down the island near the Medical Buildings.  The Bus Depot in the rendering is not a good sign for those hoping to park close by.   Cruise parking currently up by Pier 1 and 2.  No Chance of Royal building a garage like Port Canaveral?  

I’m sure someone will have parking there one way or another. There are lots of people who have bought land close to Pier 1 and 2 for private cruise parking. Same thing will happen with Pier 10 if needed 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Port-Royal-Caribbean-make-deal-for-third-14900202.php

Seems like this story has been going forever, but it looks like all the i's are finally dotted and the t's crossed.

This terminal will be able to accommodate the cruise company’s largest ships, the Oasis class of vessels,which can hold roughly 6,600 guests, as well as Royal Caribbean’s future fleet of ships, the Icon class that will be powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG) and use fuel cell technology.

Can't wait to feel the Oasis and Icon love for Galveston!

9 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I'm pretty sure, Liberty is for sure relocating, at least in the Fall of 2021. I looked at her bookings but forget where.

There was a "rumour" a while back that Liberty was headed back to Bayonne once Allure heads to Galveston.  Not sure if there is truth to that.

1 hour ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Will be interesting to see what other Royal ships port out of Gal, when Allure ports out of there. Will Enchantment & Liberty still base from there...

I think Adventure is replacing Enchantment for 4 and 5 night cruises. I have no idea what the plans are for Liberty though. 

On 12/12/2019 at 11:31 AM, Matt said:

Not yet. Next week 7+night caribbean phase two gets announced. Could be there.

Ohhhh I thought all 7+ night Caribbean were already posted, this news makes me happy!  We are booked on Liberty April '21  If Allure comes in I might have to look at making a switch.  

58 minutes ago, Oliver said:

I think Adventure is replacing Enchantment for 4 and 5 night cruises. I have no idea what the plans are for Liberty though. 

Now that you mentioned it...I do recall that being the case...Adventure & Allure may be enough. For a few years now, Liberty & Enchantment carried the load; the capacity has increased nearly two fold, so....

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

There was a "rumour" a while back that Liberty was headed back to Bayonne once Allure heads to Galveston.  Not sure if there is truth to that.

That's what I thought I had heard, but I had a total of about 10 seconds to respond before I was interrupted (WORK) and didn't have time to research my answer, lol.

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Royal announced 2 weeks ago plans for Liberty in 2021 Galveston, then Miami:

“ Adventurers looking to cruise from the Lone Star state in the summer on 2021 can sail on board Liberty of the Seas roundtrip from Galveston, Texas. The guest favorite will set course for the Western Caribbean on 7-night sailings before she transitions to Miami for the winter to offer 3-and 4-night Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay itineraries.“

26 minutes ago, Zurc said:

Royal announced 2 weeks ago plans for Liberty in 2021 Galveston, then Miami:

“ Adventurers looking to cruise from the Lone Star state in the summer on 2021 can sail on board Liberty of the Seas roundtrip from Galveston, Texas. The guest favorite will set course for the Western Caribbean on 7-night sailings before she transitions to Miami for the winter to offer 3-and 4-night Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay itineraries.“

Thanks!  Totally missed that announcement.  More proof that work is getting in the way of cruise research! ?

On 12/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, Scatmanjack said:

Wow, Pier 10 is farther down the island near the Medical Buildings.  The Bus Depot in the rendering is not a good sign for those hoping to park close by.   Cruise parking currently up by Pier 1 and 2.  No Chance of Royal building a garage like Port Canaveral?  

Port of Galveston is building a surface parking lot at Pier 10 (new Terminal 3) as part of the deal. They will also build a new parking garage near the existing terminals and presumably offer shuttles to the new Terminal 3. 

11 minutes ago, Galveston Steve said:

Confirmed with NextCruise on Oasis today: first Allure sailing from Galveston is 10 Nov 2021 four day to Cozumel, followed by a 7 day to Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Roatan on 14 Nov 2021! Hopefully available for booking in a few days.

Any word on other itinerary? 

2 hours ago, melmar02 said:

I would imagine they will stick with the Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica stops on the other itinerary since they've been doing it for 10+ years on the different ships out of Galveston.

I don’t think you’ll see Grand Cayman unless they finally build that pier. Oasis class does not tender. 

19 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I think he's on Oasis instead of Harmony for that one.  It's conveniently a B2B with the other charter he booked the week before ?

I'm on the Charter too!  I may have to cancel it since we board the GC the same day the the charter gets back!  LOL!