Allure to Texas

6 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I figured it would be either Allure or Oasis since they added the BBQ on those ships.  Not sure if that's the best move in the world since TX BBQ is phenomenal, though!

I thought the same thing when I went on Liberty of the Seas and saw they had a Mexican specialty restaurant (Sabor) and found it much better than I expected. The homemade guacamole was excellent. So I will have an open mind. 

17 hours ago, cruiselife said:

I think it still is. You can't book Allure for anything later than October 2021 right now, which lines up with when the port is scheduled to be completed. If you check the other Oasis class ships they are available to book through April 2022. It seems like they are just waiting to announce it, perhaps in case something goes wrong and it is delayed or to make a bigger deal about revealing it.

Also, Liberty is only available for the Summer of 2021. A lot of movements  are upon the horizon! 

1 hour ago, mpoole3 said:

Allure of the Seas last scheduled cruise currently is 10/31/2020 out of Port Canaveral.  Harmony of the Seas arrives 11/21/20

Jan-April 2022 Oasis / Harmony / Symphony bookings all open in Florida.   

Weird, I wonder where is Allure is headed in November 2020...

I’m sure you don’t have the slightest clue hahag

Here is what I learned from NextCruise.  

Allure from Galveston itineraries are loaded in the system but not open for booking.  First cruise will be a 4 night.  I'm guessing a 3 day deadhead repo cruise with crew only followed by a 4 night revenue cruise.  

It all starts Nov. 2021.

NextCruise said they'd call me when they open for booking.    

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Here is what I learned from NextCruise.  

Allure from Galveston itineraries are loaded in the system but not open for booking.  First cruise will be a 4 night.  I'm guessing a 3 day deadhead repo cruise with crew only followed by a 4 night revenue cruise.  

It all starts Nov. 2021.

NextCruise said they'd call me when they open for booking.    

?Can't wait!!! Please let us know as soon as you do, THANKS so much!!!! ?

Has anyone heard how the negotiations for the terminal are going?  I was told by Royal, which their info has just been the worst, that they can’t release new itineraries on thanksgiving day due to office’s being closed and that it would be very difficult over Black Friday due to the call centers being all ready overwhelmed. So I guess next week at best.

On 11/9/2019 at 6:39 PM, BB1 said:

I can't wait to find out when. I don't think construction has started on the new port yet.

I took the ferry boat out of Galveston last weekend. It goes close to pier 10, which will be the new terminal.  While nothing is visible from Harborside drive, from the ferry you can see several cranes erected on the pier and there is some dredging at the turning basin.  

I don't know if this represents the start of preparations or if it is just normal maintenance for the port.

9 minutes ago, 12thman said:

So this is an exclusive deal for Royal? That's a huge commitment on the city, county and states part.

My understanding is that the $100M terminal would be be paid for by Royal in addition to the annual lease fees for the land.

The city and port authority made it clear early on they had no intention of putting up public money for the deal.  That was to appease opponents.  

The city, county and state are actually committing very little to this.  

1 minute ago, twangster said:

My understanding is that the $100M terminal would be be paid for by Royal in addition to the annual lease fees for the land.

The city and port authority made it clear early on they had no intention of putting up public money for the deal.  That was to appease opponents.  

The city, county and state are actually committing very little to this.  

Whoa!! Then it better be an exclusive terminal for Royal. Unless they could make a buck sharing the terminal.