New dining offering: "Taste of Royal"

FionaMG

Just spotted a brand new dining option in my cruise planner, called "Taste of Royal". It's a four-course meal featuring dishes from various specialty restaurants across the fleet. It looks like it might be something that folks who enjoy Chef's Table might like.

(PS, sorry if it's already been posted about. I did a search and nothing turned up...)

7 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Just read the article.  Nice idea, but it sounds like a very set meal, but it does say that they accommodate dietary restrictions ?  

Guess it's just on Oasis class if one of the meal items is from 150 Central Park?

No, it's on my cruise planner for Adventure. I reckon it's a marketing ploy; give people a taste of what they could have when sailing on ships offering those restaurants hence encouraging them to book. And make more money in the process, of course.

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

No, it's on my cruise planner for Adventure. I reckon it's a marketing ploy; give people a taste of what they could have when sailing on ships offering those restaurants hence encouraging them to book. And make more money in the process, of course.

Oh you're right.  I just checked mine for Adventure and it's there too. Guess it's just the dish so they can cook it anywhere.

Nice concept but $73.14 CAD is a little steep....esp when it's such a set meal.  DH can't have nutella so wonder what they would substitute. I don't eat meat, so would be stuck with risotto (or unless they could do just shrimp).

3 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Oh you're right.  I just checked mine for Adventure and it's there too. Guess it's just the dish so they can cook it anywhere.

Nice concept but $73.14 CAD is a little steep....esp when it's such a set meal.  DH can't have nutella so wonder what they would substitute. I don't eat meat, so would be stuck with risotto (or unless they could do just shrimp).

I agree. I think they could have been on to a winner if they had thought it through a bit better, cheaper price and a choice of, say, 3 each of starters, mains and dessert. As it is, I can't see it being much of a success.

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

I agree. I think they could have been on to a winner if they had thought it through a bit better, cheaper price and a choice of, say, 3 each of starters, mains and dessert. As it is, I can't see it being much of a success.

Too expensive for my wallet and our family is not big into seafood, so this is an easy no thank-you for us.