Separate Online Check-in

melmar02

We're 91 days out from our next cruise, and I'm patiently waiting for online check in to open tomorrow. Ok, so it's more like that old Mervyn's commercial where the lady is standing at the store window chanting "open, open, open". ?

We're bringing my MIL, and we're all staying together in a 2 BR suite. It's her first cruise, and she's very excited and wants to experience the process of check in as much as me. I've created a monster, and she hasn't even set foot onboard yet! My question is, can I check in myself, DH, and our kids tomorrow and then walk her through check in when we see her at Thanksgiving? For pricing purposes, she's on the same reservation with me, DH, and one of the kids. I would think this is the same as checking in and adding your passport number at a later date, but I didn't want to assume. Is there anything different about the process when people on the same reservation don't live together and need to check in separately?

You can check in yourself now, and then check in others on your reservation later.  I just did a Greek cruise in October on the Jewel and was able to do that with the other party on my reservation.  It worked for me, so hopefully it will work for you.  And if she's using her own credit card for charges to her on-board account, I don't think it will be an issue. 

2 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

We're 91 days out from our next cruise, and I'm patiently waiting for online check in to open tomorrow. Ok, so it's more like that old Mervyn's commercial where the lady is standing at the store window chanting "open, open, open". ?

We're bringing my MIL, and we're all staying together in a 2 BR suite. It's her first cruise, and she's very excited and wants to experience the process of check in as much as me. I've created a monster, and she hasn't even set foot onboard yet! My question is, can I check in myself, DH, and our kids tomorrow and then walk her through check in when we see her at Thanksgiving? For pricing purposes, she's on the same reservation with me, DH, and one of the kids. I would think this is the same as checking in and adding your passport number at a later date, but I didn't want to assume. Is there anything different about the process when people on the same reservation don't live together and need to check in separately?

When you check in online you need pertinent information for those you are checking in,, e.g., passport data and emergency contacts.  You can check in everyone on the reservation at the same time or update as you get new information for additional travelers so long as you meet the RCI deadline for getting checked in.  I have gone back and forth myself to correct typos or print duplicate documents.