Just seen a good deal....

Nikkoo

Hi guys. 

we already have our summer cruise booked for next year. We have just seen another that’s a lot cheaper than it was when we booked our current cruise. We have been told we can change without losing our deposit but we’re wondering if it would get cheaper for Black Friday. Being in the uk we can’t reprice... I’ve heard Black Friday deals are more about the add ons rather than the cruise price is this right?

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Nikkoo

So you can reprice and rebook this one..but not another one cause your in the UK?

Must be missing something here..

if its a lot cheaper and you can rebook now..I would do it.

I know there will be some Black Friday sales for sure but no guarantee it will be an even better deal then the one you found..and yes, with Royal there aren't normally any big savings from promo to promo anyways....maybe the add-ons.

We booked on board and were told you can reprice once and once only. Normally in the uk you can’t reprice at all. We are looking to change to a totally different cruise not just reprice. 

I think the cruise we are looking to change to is now around £4K cheaper than it was when we booked the other and would make our life easier, but would be a totally different adventure. 

really wanted to cruise out of New York but this cruise will be £1k cheaper overall and 4 days longer on a way better boat so I think it’s a no brainer, New York will have to wait for us!!

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about Black Friday. 

Nikkoo

Have you called and asked?  

There are some conditions that might apply or come into play such as when you booked at NextCruise onboard did you book that cruise, the one that had you onboard through a travel agency or directly with Royal Caribbean?  NextCruise onboard bookings are assigned to the travel agency you booked the current cruise through by default.  That might be a travel agency into the picture for the cruise you want to change.

Check your NextCruise paperwork for timing since the window to make changes can be limited in some cases.

Black Friday sales often tend to focus on cruise planner purchases but that may not always be the case.  No one knows what they'll do this year.

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

There are some conditions that might apply or come into play such as when you booked at NextCruise onboard did you book that cruise, the one that had you onboard through a travel agency or directly with Royal Caribbean?  NextCruise onboard bookings are assigned to the travel agency you booked the current cruise through by default. 

I am not wanting to book again with the TA or company I booked this cruise with that I will be on and I want to book 2 more with next cruise.

So does Royal just hold those and then when I find a TA or company I want to have it transferred to for the better price they will?

8 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I am not wanting to book again with the TA or company I booked this cruise with that I will be on and I want to book 2 more with next cruise.

So does Royal just hold those and then when I find a TA or company I want to have it transferred to for the better price they will?

If you book at NextCruise by default it goes to your existing TA unless you specifically tell them not to assign it to that TA.  In that case it becomes a Royal cruise that can be later assigned to a different TA or not.  Typically new bookings must transfer to a TA within 60 days and/or before it's paid in full.  

If you forget and say nothing a NextCruise booking will go to your existing or previous TA.  

We had booked direct for our first cruise and also with this cruise. We just don’t have the options you have in the states. We tried to book through MEI but could not book on board in dollars so that put paid to that!

We think the bigger ship and longer cruise is going to win out. Flights to NY were going to be a big cost for the 6 of us and we will be better spending that money on the cruise rim Southampton ?

We are really excited and can’t wait to be on board again! Or for the kids to be older so we can go more often without it costing so much!!

Thanks again,

Nikkoo

On 11/8/2019 at 11:26 AM, Nikkoo said:

We tried to book through MEI but could not book on board in dollars so that put paid to that!

Just to clarify, you mean you were unwilling/unable to pay in US Dollars for the cruise in lieu of GBP?