wow band

Hi, I have 2 questions:

1. I purchased 3 wow band on the Harmony of the seas cruise last year August. Will they work on my next cruise? I am going on the Symphony of the sea August 2020 or will i have to purchase new ones?

2. Do you think the new app will have messaging capability by next year?

Jason 

1 hour ago, Jasonhb2019 said:

Hi, I have 2 questions:

1. I purchased 3 wow band on the Harmony of the seas cruise last year August. Will they work on my next cruise? I am going on the Symphony of the sea August 2020 or will i have to purchase new ones?

2. Do you think the new app will have messaging capability by next year?

Jason 

They can reprogram your wow bands for your Symphony cruise. As for the app, your guess is as good as anyone's ? 

They may not allow you to reuse your WOW bands if your band colour is not assigned to the same muster point on your next cruise, that is of course if your previous cruise's muster point is on your WOW band.  Not sure of this, but I was not allowed to choose an alternate colour band on my sailing on Anthem, I HAD to have white because of the muster station printed on the bands.

Symphony was for me the easiest going ship with reference to re-using a Wow band.  They took my old band with a muster station on it and provided me with a generic Wow band with no muster station.  There was no cost to repurpose a Wow band on Symphony when I sailed her.

Ovation allowed to me to exchange a Wow band with my new muster station given that my previous muster station on the old Wow band was not correct.  There was no cost to exchange it.  

Anthem required my muster station from my previous cruise match my new muster station in order to repurpose my Wow band.  No exchange was offered if muster stations didn't match, I had to buy a new Wow band for $5 USD.  I had a choice of black, white or yellow but the man at guest services had to go in a back room for all those choices. 

On Harmony I was in a suite so I didn't bring an old Wow band given I would be provided a new one for free.  The Wow band provided did have a muster station printed on it.

My collection of Wow bands is all black and white out of choice although my next Wow band enabled cruise on Anthem is in a JS so I'll just go with whatever they provide me.