Personal reusable straws

Sharla215

3 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Absolute frustrating and annoying..I have yet to get a straw that makes it through how long it takes me to drink a drink.....

Agree completely. Especially for frozen drinks the paper straws always break while using them. So I have bought a reusable silicone collapsable straw that I’m going to use instead. ? 

6 minutes ago, gtgtgt said:

Is it okay to bring your own box of plastic straws ? ?   Or will the plastic police kick you off the ship ? ?

ha....as far as I know you can bring them..you'll be one of the lucky ones actually enjoying sipping a cold slushy drink by the pool......

I am probably going to bring some too...along with some print offs to hand out that list the countries that are the highest polluters in the world to anyone that dares to say anything about my straw....:3_grin:

Anyone who pays thousands of dollars to take a cruise and support the industry but has the audacity to chastise me for a plastic straw(that I am not throwing in the ocean to choke turtles with)will be in for a rude awakening!!!!l

4 hours ago, gtgtgt said:

Is it okay to bring your own box of plastic straws ? ?   Or will the plastic police kick you off the ship ? ?

I brought a box of plastic straws and used a grand total of zero ? it was too much of a hassle, IMO, to carry them around all day or to have to go back to the cabin if I decided I wanted a drink. I ended up just dealing with the paper straws. If they end in the drink started getting a little soft, I just flipped the straw ends to make it last a little longer.

I must drink faster than you guys! ?? 

We brought silicone straws for everyone in our family on our cruise back in September, and stopped using them after the second or third drink. We didn't have any issues with the paper straws. My son is a very slow drinker and had no problems with the paper straws disintegrating, and my "super taster" daughter even said they didn't change the flavor of the drink at all.  It became a hassle to keep up with the silicone straws, so they were taken to the room, washed, and packed away. Turned out to be a waste of money for us.

We bought the silicone ones -- DD is disabled, & uses a straw cup normally -- in fact, we bring a few of her own cups (tervis type, with a straw hole) for sodas & other thin liquids like that, because it is safer for her to drink out of a covered cup.  When we get her mocktails, it is also easier for her to use a silicon or plastic straw, so we have a couple of extras that we bring around.  Of course, her wheelchair supports a few bags on the handles, so it's not that much of a hassle to bring the cups, straws, etc with us around the ship.