Sky Class and The World dessert

Fairlynew

I promised months ago to report back on this.  I sailed Sky Class in August on Harmony.  We loved Coastal Kitchen and ate most meals there.  Based on reviews on this site, I really wanted to try The World but did not want to pay for specialty dining when I had access to CK.  We had the DBP and went to Wonderland one evening for a drink.  We asked the bar tender about ordering dessert only.  He called the manager over and she said to drop by after 8:30 one evening and she could probably serve us for $10 pp.  That was worth it to us, but we loved the desserts at CK and were always so full, we did not try this.  The last night of the cruise, there was nothing appealing on the CK dessert menu, so we asked Ace, the CK manager about going to Wonderland.   He left to contact the manager of Wonderland.  In the meantime, someone at another table had the World delivered to their table.  We ended up going to Wonderland for dessert, but saw the assistant manager for CK there picking up more orders of the World for other CK diners.  We were not charged anything for the dessert and really enjoyed the atmosphere of Wonderland.  Ace gave us the option of having it delivered to CK or going to Wonderland but highly recommended that we go down.  I am glad we did!  

Not sure if this was a "one off" thing or not, but we were able to successfully try the World as Sky Class customers without an upcharge or the dining package.

24 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

I must be the only person who doesn't like the world dessert lol. It really does nothing for me but I am glad so many people do because in my opinion Royal is lacking in the dessert department. 

I kind of agree with you.  I've had a couple of great desserts but in general, they aren't always worth the calories.

I agree with all of you!  I like, but do not love, chocolate.  However, I absolutely adore caramel, so the fact that hot caramel sauce is poured over The World made me want to try it-the experience of watching the chocolate coating melt is also really awesome.  I have to say that it was good, not great, and I would not make an effort to have it again, but I am really glad I got to try it!

16 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

I agree with all of you!  I like, but do not love, chocolate.  However, I absolutely adore caramel, so the fact that hot caramel sauce is poured over The World made me want to try it-the experience of watching the chocolate coating melt is also really awesome.  I have to say that it was good, not great, and I would not make an effort to have it again, but I am really glad I got to try it!

Same with me. I really enjoy caramel, but chocolate is only ok. I've seen this dessert and its presentation on youtube. Its something I would like to try, since we have  our first suite room coming up on our June HOTS cruise and we finally have access to CK.