Juul Question

Yuriaa

Hey there,

I am going on Radiance of the Seas cruise in a months time from Australia to New Zealand.

I used to smoke and now i vape (juul). I am of age but am travelling with my parents and would rather not explain to them.

If i bring it with my carry on will they check? Or will it go off in the metal detection?

Thanks,

2 hours ago, twangster said:

It should go in your carry on like a cell phone.  If you keep it in a pocket you will set off the metal detector but if you bring a carry on bag it can go in the bag like you would with a camera, cell phone, car keys, etc. 

Vaping is restricted to smoking areas if I recall correctly.  

Yes this is correct but folks seem to believe vaping isn't smoking so you will see it pretty much everywhere.  Pool deck chairs, stairwells etc. 

On 11/9/2019 at 9:19 AM, USCG Teacher said:

From my understanding, there's a pretty good chance it'll get flagged during x-ray and either you or your parents will be asked to come down and open the bag in the security room...

Oh i'm screwed if that happens... How often has this happened in the past?

2 hours ago, Yuriaa said:

Oh i'm screwed if that happens... How often has this happened in the past?

Whenever anything "of interest" is seen.  Generally speaking it's stuff that people didn't think about not being allowed on board (surge protectors, irons, etc.).  Sometimes it's stuff people are trying to sneak on board (booze, in particular).  Most of the time it's no big deal, you either explain what it is, they clear it and you're on your way or they inform you it's prohibited and return it at the end of the cruise.  In your particular instance, even if security viewed it as no big deal, there seem to be bigger consequences at hand.