duty free in noumea!

jaymah101

Hello all! i got stung on my first cruise & bought my duty free alcohol on the ship, before realizing it is cheaper on ports. i was just wondering if anyone knows the best duty free places to go to in Noumea? cheapest & preferably the closer to the port the better as this will be the only reason why i disembark in this island.:)

22 hours ago, jaymah101 said:

Hello all! i got stung on my first cruise & bought my duty free alcohol on the ship, before realizing it is cheaper on ports. i was just wondering if anyone knows the best duty free places to go to in Noumea? cheapest & preferably the closer to the port the better as this will be the only reason why i disembark in this island.:)

Maybe someone who's done an Australian itinerary can help.  @Pippa_OceanTime?   I had to look up the port, I've never heard of it.  

Marlene (42 rue de l’Alma) is the most famous and one of the largest stores for duty-free shopping in Noumea. You can purchase alcohol, bags, clothes, cosmetics, perfume, tobacco, and a few locally made souvenirs. There is also a smaller Marlene boutique closer to the cruise piers and the Noumea Duty-Free Shop one block away. When you compare prices and want to pay in dollars, consider the conversion rate they use. It may vary from one shop to another. If you pay by card, double check if the amount on the screen (and on your receipt) is shown in dollars or Pacific francs… just in case.