Entertainment on the Empress of the Seas...

Butcherboy

17 minutes ago, Butcherboy said:

Hello All! 

I am booked on the Empress in Feb 2020.  When I check my account/cruises online...I don't see any options for entertainment or shows, etc. 

Are there any options for me to choose?  When do they start listing any?

Any reservations needed?

Thanks!

Sorry Empress does not have any of the Broadway or really cool entertainment that Oasis class and Quantum class have.. They have old style shows where you just look on the cruise compass and show up. They have the singing and dancing shows, and then headliner acts like a comedian or a singing group but nothing you need to reserve in advance. I just hope you didn't book empress thinking you were getting an Oasis type experience. 

Actually Empress has newer entertainment like newer ships albeit not Broadway style shows.  When it was refreshed in 2016 they introduced modern entertainment adapted for a smaller stage.   

Do not miss Three Sequins and Feathers or ”Three” as they call it on board.   It’s basically the ShowGirl  entertainment from Ovation adapter for a smaller stage.  

See this post from a recent Empress Cruise  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/14213-empress-b2b-14-nights-on-the-biggest-little-ship-july-2019/&do=findComment&comment=142692

I’m going on Empress in 8 days   A favorite ship of mine but please don’t tell anyone or more people will book her driving up prices   

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I’m going on Empress in 8 days   A favorite ship of mine but please don’t tell anyone or more people will book her driving up prices  

It may be a long way off, but I’ll be on Empress for her April 17, 2021 sailing. Truth be told, your blogs helped convince me to book.

8 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

It may be a long way off, but I’ll be on Empress for her April 17, 2021 sailing. Truth be told, your blogs helped convince me to book.

Thanks for that but I simply try to pass on what I experience without slanting it one way or another.  My camera is simply a portal to view the ship from.