B2B Staterooms

RBRSKI

We are doing a B2B on the Adventure for Christmas/New Years 2019.  For the first half, the 8 night, we are in 1688.  At the time of booking and up to today, this stateroom is not available for the New Years 6 night portion.  Even though, we are only three staterooms down from 1688 (1355), I would love to really experience a B2B(our first one) without changing staterooms.

Can anyone recommend how I might be able to reach out to the individual, cruise line, TA or anyone who can hook me up with the person currently in this stateroom.  I am even willing to offer some type of compensation if they are willing to change.

Has anyone been in this type of situation?

The cruise line would never release the name of the person in the room you want so that is a no-go.  I have read many times of people asking the cruise line to intercede on their behalf and never have I heard of it happening.  The TA will have no ability to help you, either.

Unfortunately, there is little to do in this situation.  I completely understand your desire to keep the same room for your B2B but I would not hold hope that you can make this happen.  The only possible thing that I could think of to do would be that MAYBE if you join the roll call for this sailing and ask to see if MAYBE the person in your room happens to be on the roll call that MAYBE you could get in touch with them directly that way.  Other than that, I can't think of a thing to suggest.

20 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

We are doing a B2B on the Adventure for Christmas/New Years 2019.  For the first half, the 8 night, we are in 1688.  At the time of booking and up to today, this stateroom is not available for the New Years 6 night portion.  Even though, we are only three staterooms down from 1688 (1355), I would love to really experience a B2B(our first one) without changing staterooms.

Can anyone recommend how I might be able to reach out to the individual, cruise line, TA or anyone who can hook me up with the person currently in this stateroom.  I am even willing to offer some type of compensation if they are willing to change.

Has anyone been in this type of situation?

Any reason you didn't book the same cabin for both at the time?

Those aft balconies are pretty coveted.  If you really wanted to stay in the same stateroom is seems you would need to downgrade to an oceanview for the first sailing and then upgrade from the inside on the second to that same oceanview.  I personally wouldn't give up the aft balcony and would just deal with the slight inconvenience of moving for the second leg.

They won't intercede.  Every cruise there can be numerous consecutive cruises, sometimes as many as 60 or more.

What if the person booked in your cabin the cruise prior wanted to make it a B2B?  Should they contact your and suggest you move?  What if the people in your cabin for the next cruise where in the same situation and wanted your cabin for your 1st leg?  Make you move?

With week after week and dozens of consecutive cruisers starting or ending on different cycles the logistics quickly grow in complexity.  

I've changed cabins several times.  I'll be doing it again in December.  Not a big deal.  

• 2 weeks later...

Also doing our first B2B on Harmony February 2020.  We booked it while onboard Adventure of the Seas this past March with NextCruise.  The person helping us searched until she found the same cabin available for both cruises.  So I, too, am looking forward to doing my first B2B and onboard Harmony.  Can't get much better!

On 11/6/2019 at 12:16 PM, RBRSKI said:

Even though we couldn't get the same room looking forward to 14 glorious nights and our first B2B

There you go, great positive attitude! Please don't let that minor inconvenience of changing cabins on a B2B ruin your cruise. From what I have read from other B2B cruisers here on this forum, it's seamless, painless and happens quickly. So, look forward to a GREAT cruise experience and enjoy the hell out of it!:27_sunglasses:

On 11/6/2019 at 12:16 PM, RBRSKI said:

Thank You all for the advice.  Even though we couldn't get the same room looking forward to 14 glorious nights and our first B2B.

Another Consideration: We are going on our first B2B in March 2020.  We didnt book both weeks at the same time. We were able to get on a waitlist, in both directions, for our 2 cabins. While it is a longshot, still there is a chance that one could open up. 

Our last two B2Bs have been in different rooms.  We've gone from inside to balcony and inside to inside.  Both times we spoke to our current room steward on the first sailing and everything was moved with no issues.  I agree that having the same room is always preferred, but either way your attitude about it is spot on.