Majesty VOOM

That's good to hear. I looked at my booking paperwork and it doesn't say anything on there about VOOM either way. I saw on Cruise Critic where someone thought it was free but couldn't find that information any more and that got me to thinking that maybe they removed that. Hopefully, they will keep it for our booking. Should I call and check on that? If so, who (TA or RCI)?

That's good to hear. I looked at my booking paperwork and it doesn't say anything on there about VOOM either way. I saw on Cruise Critic where someone thought it was free but couldn't find that information any more and that got me to thinking that maybe they removed that. Hopefully, they will keep it for our booking. Should I call and check on that? If so, who (TA or RCI)?

If it were me, I would wait for Majesty to return from her dry dock and then see what the status of Voom is.  I wouldn't expect to see free voom on a reservation, because it was not a booking incentive, just something RC decided to offer on her.

• 3 months later...

Just finished our 3 day Majesty cruise out of Port Canaveral (Jun 10th -13th, 2016).  VOOM was fantastic and had no issues during its' use.  Unfortunately they are not giving out free VOOM during the entire cruise, they are allowing 1 x 24 hour pass per folio number.  We had 3 travelers, so each day we used one person's folio numbers to enable our iPad for free.  Our daughter is 8 and even she got a free 24 hour pass.  This strategy forced us to only use one device.  Was it ideal, no, but we made it work and never payed for VOOM.

Matt 

Just finished our 3 day Majesty cruise out of Port Canaveral (Jun 10th -13th, 2016).  VOOM was fantastic and had no issues during its' use.  Unfortunately they are not giving out free VOOM during the entire cruise, they are allowing 1 x 24 hour pass per folio number.  We had 3 travelers, so each day we used one person's folio numbers to enable our iPad for free.  Our daughter is 8 and even she got a free 24 hour pass.  This strategy forced us to only use one device.  Was it ideal, no, but we made it work and never payed for VOOM.

Matt 

Thanks for the report!

Just finished our 3 day Majesty cruise out of Port Canaveral (Jun 10th -13th, 2016). VOOM was fantastic and had no issues during its' use. Unfortunately they are not giving out free VOOM during the entire cruise, they are allowing 1 x 24 hour pass per folio number. We had 3 travelers, so each day we used one person's folio numbers to enable our iPad for free. Our daughter is 8 and even she got a free 24 hour pass. This strategy forced us to only use one device. Was it ideal, no, but we made it work and never payed for VOOM.

Matt

That is disappointing. Did you book before the March cut off. When I booked back in Feb. Free Voom was all over the header art work for Majesty. I will probably raise a stink if this is the case at check in. It's not that big of a deal but principle. I am Sailing her July 4 4 day.

Hi WSYROB,

We booked while on Freedom the week of March 16th, 2016.  I was told the same thing but received blank stares when on board, this seemed to be something that did not make it thru the refurb.  Wish I had better news but at least I wanted to post the update.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

I just boarded Majesty this morning and they have honored the free Voom for those booking before the March cut off date. My wife and I both have it for our entire 4 day cruise

Thank you for the update!

I just boarded Majesty this morning and they have honored the free Voom for those booking before the March cut off date. My wife and I both have it for our entire 4 day cruise

Did you have to do anything before boarding to have it noted, or it was just available for you once onboard?

(We also booked before the cut off date for 7/18)

Did you have to do anything before boarding to have it noted, or it was just available for you once onboard?

(We also booked before the cut off date for 7/18)

I printed out the article on cruise critic that said we would get it. There were cards in my room with the codes but I didn't see them befor going to guest services. They had a list of those who were eligible and helped me get my phone logged in It was a little different since they give you an access code rather than a username and password.

I printed out the article on cruise critic that said we would get it. There were cards in my room with the codes but I didn't see them befor going to guest services. They had a list of those who were eligible and helped me get my phone logged in It was a little different since they give you an access code rather than a username and password.

Excellent, so it sounds like we shouldn't have to do anything.

I will say this. Don't expect to stream Video with what they have currently. It might work when the ship is empty but up on the pool deck with a bunch of people around its hard to post here much less stream anything.. That might be one reason they changed the business model from free to everyone. They simply can't handle everyone.

I will say this. Don't expect to stream Video with what they have currently. It might work when the ship is empty but up on the pool deck with a bunch of people around its hard to post here much less stream anything.. That might be one reason they changed the business model from free to everyone. They simply can't handle everyone.

Our goal is to be able to text/receive texts w/ our teenage daughter. Anything past that is gravy.

You will be good. We have been texting with each other and groups not on the boat. The only caveat is that occasionally you will be logged off of zoom. When that happens texts won't alert you. On my IPhone 6 as soon as o log onto the phone it connects to zoom and I get all the texts.