Gratuities & Freestyle Q's

Let me start by saying thank you to all that contribute and take the time to answer all these questions ... My wife and I have just disembark from Enchantment last Friday 11/01. This was definitely the first time where our stateroom attendant and the area supervisor on the dining room provided us with a level of service that exceeded our expectations .. due to this, I tip them a little bit extra at the end of the cruise, (gratuities were paid in advance) ... so this made me wonder ... if the gratuities are paid in advance:

* Are they given directly to your assigned crew members? (attendant, waiter and beverage)

* Are they thrown in to a 'pool' and then divided and shared among all crew members?

* Do Area Supervisors get any?

* And for drinks, who gets the 18%? the one attending the bar? or the waiter that goes to the bar and gets a drink for you?

The reason I"m asking is because, on this ship, there were a couple of employees that deserved a little bit more, but what to make sure if I should add a tip to the check, or give cash instead.

and my second question is, since Liberty does not have Freestyle Coke Machines, does anybody know if the bars carry all the options the machines have? where or how to know what the bar serves that's included on the coke package?

Thank you again 

Daily service charges go to those who service your cabin and the wait staff for your table but some also goes into general areas like a fund that provides for certain crew events.  It’s not a precise formula exactly but if you don’t visit the dining room they will shift gratuity to Windjammer staff.  There are numerous nuances such as this so it’s not something you can precisely account for. 

Supervisors typically are not in tip pools that I know of. 

There are hundreds of flavors in Freestyle machines so they won’t have all of them at bars.  Bars typically have the popular choices.  

When I was on the Allure I asked my waiter about gratuities. He said that seniority played a part in the percentage. My cabin attendant also said the same, he was in training and would be moved to general cabins next sailing. He said cabin attendants want the Suites because it pays more and less cabins to service.