Excursion Booked thru Royal - Move/give to another party?

JohnC71

Weird question.

So we previously booked Aquaventure for our upcoming cruise.  Since then we decided to book a room at Atlantis, which includes 4 park tickets, so the three I paid Royal dont do us any good.

We have relatives on same ship, same sailing, I wanted to give them my three tickets.  When I called they said I couldnt do it pre-cruise, but may be able to do it on board?

I know I can cancel and rebook - but since booking pricing is up over $30pp - so its $100 more

We already booked private transfer for all via Royal Private excursions, so we all have a way there, so transpo is not an issue.

Question is, has anyone been able to do this on board?  Or does it seem like I'd be risking even being able to get my money back at that point.

When ever I've taken an RC excursion and they collect the tickets they have never asked for ID.  I'm thinking if you can't officially deal with on board just hand them the paper tickets.  They'll need to follow the normal routine of meeting at the designated meeting point pretending to be you.  

All tour operators see is someone handing them the small half of the ticket.  If the correct number of people show up the excursions leaves.  I could be Bob or Sam or Fred - as long as I have a paper ticket I get to go even if that ticket says Jim (and the real Jim doesn't appear claiming his ticket was lost or stolen).

If one ticket is a child ticket and an adult tries to use it that could be a problem.  

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

When ever I've taken an RC excursion and they collect the tickets they have never asked for ID.  I'm thinking if you can't officially deal with on board just hand them the paper tickets.  They'll need to follow the normal routine of meeting at the designated meeting point pretending to be you.  

All tour operators see is someone handing them the small half of the ticket.  If the correct number of people show up the excursions leaves.  I could be Bob or Sam or Fred - as long as I have a paper ticket I get to go even if that ticket says Jim (and the real Jim doesn't appear claiming his ticket was lost or stolen).

If one ticket is a child ticket and an adult tries to use it that could be a problem.  

That makes sense - Its two adult tickets and one child tickets - and thats exactly who I'd be giving it to.

Where/when would you get the bands to enter Aquaventure?  As this may pose another issue.

We are 14 people, once I purchased a room at Atlantis, I knew I would need transportation there, with several kids in tow, I wanted a private transfer for all of us, so we can depart when we want, not wait for a huge bus to fill etc.  However, some of the other guests already had purchased the aquaventure thru Royal and the price they got was better than current pricing as well as Atlantis pricing.  So I paid for the private van/bus for the whole group (it wasnt much).  Now i'm worried will the others be able to get their bands prior to us leaving on our private bus?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Since you are in an OS about a week before the cruise the suite concierge may email you.  If they do this is something you could run by them and ask for assistance with. 

That sounds even better. They emailed me a day or two back. As we are leaving this Saturday. Been going back and forth on dinner reservations, i-fly, northstar etc. Didnt even think about this. Thanks!