3 Night Dinner package

Bill Martin

Good afternoon,

I am hoping some people might be able to help ease my fears so to speak. I have booked the 3 night dinner package, which requires me to make specific reservations once I get on the ship. What concerns me is that the cruise planner is saying availability is limited. Are dining package reservations taken into account when the look at availability? 

Bill, I wouldn't worry too much about that warning.  It always says that...

When you purchase the package, the "system" will automatically make a first night reservation for you.  When you board the ship, go directly to any specialty restaurant OR (depending on the ship) the specialty dining kiosk that will be set up on the Promenade.  If you like the restaurant to which you are assigned for the first night, cool.  Just confirm that you will keep that reservation.  If, however, you do not want to go to the restaurant to which they assigned you, ask to change your reservation to a different restaurant.  At that same time, you can make the rest of the reservations for the remaining nights of your package.  There is almost ALWAYS availability at the beginning of the cruise.  I have been doing dining packages for many years and I have never failed to get the restaurant and time of my choosing if I take care of this early on.  It is when you need to make a change late in the cruise where you might have a problem.

You will be fine.  Get the package and then make your reservations or changes as soon as you get on board.  You will have a great experience.

23 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

@WAAAYTOOO at what point, and where, do they notify you of which restaurant/time they've assigned for your first night?

It will be on a sheet in your cabin, possibly the app, but as soon as you board, you can definitely go to any specialty restaurant and they will have the booking there, then you can change and or make the rest of your choices.

We purchased the UDP on our upcoming Brilliance sailing over Thanksgiving.  I noticed, when I went into my cruise planner calendar, that they show me eating at Chops Grill on night #1 so I have to assume that they have assigned me Chops Grill for my first night.  Since we will be eating lunch at Chops Grill on embarkation day, I'm sure we will change our Chops dinner reservation to something else.  Don't want to eat there twice in 1 day !

Since we are in a GS on this cruise, I will ask the Suites Concierge to move our embarkation night reservation to whatever OTHER venue we want (most likely, Izumi).  It's one of the nicest amenities of being in a full suite.