Icon 1 “Announcement” & 2020 President’s Cruise

“It’s going to be really awesome.”

-Michael Bayley

now, for the real announcement...really...the 2020 President’s Cruise will be to...

”Just because you vote, it doesn’t mean we are going to do it...”

-Michael Bayley

“We have five options for you  some are pretty crappy because we want to steer you a certain way...”

-Michael Bayler

option 1 — 2 day Empress repositioning (toilets will be flushing)

option 2 — 30 day MSC Cruise with 29 sea days

option 3 — 7 night Ovation Alaska (Aug 7) — “Empress is still winning.” - Michael Bayley — good crowd response

option 4 — 7 night Oasis from NYC (August 4) 

option 5 — 7 night Allure Mediterranean (after amplification) — good crowd response 

Coin Toss by Super Mario — Allure of the Seas Mediterranean in August (I believe)

California itineraries — “maybe” in 2021 — no commitment

Michael Bayley is a hoot, btw...

42311CE7-9DC9-4566-A9EE-97ACB1AE56D1.jpeg

Edited by DunkelBierJay
Correct title

1 minute ago, J_Keeble said:

what was the announcement then ? ?

Icon was a joke Michael Bayley played on the crowd...

the actual announcement is the 2020 President’s cruise which will be sailing on 10/25/2020 on Allure to the Med, the week before the transatlantic. 

Sorry if my post was confusing...

1 minute ago, DunkelBierJay said:

Icon was a joke Michael Bayley played on the crowd...

the actual announcement is the 2020 President’s cruise which will be sailing on 10/25/2020 on Allure to the Med, the week before the transatlantic. 

Sorry if my post was confusing...

good information.

have a great cruise!!

@TonyCornwall @cmdrfrag I pulled up Allure's sailings for that month and it had no 25th sailing, one on the 23rd.  Next time i will do a screenshot, but now it shows the 25th as what was stated. Either one of two things happened,  A glitch in the system or i selected the wrong ship or month...probable the latter of the two. ?‍♂️

Who's the dummy now! ?‍♂️

4 hours ago, cmdrfrag said:

Same, I'm on the 25th Oct 2020 sailing for Allure too.
So what does this mean? Never been or seen a Presidents Day Cruise

Usually :

Special shows and special guest.

Some gifts.

Many Many Pineapples and  D+  so usually Diamond lounge is accessible for P and sometime D+ only, might be different this time as its in the Med and not US  

5 hours ago, cmdrfrag said:

Same, I'm on the 25th Oct 2020 sailing for Allure too.
So what does this mean? Never been or seen a Presidents Day Cruise

They pick a sailing every year and call it the President's Cruise.  That means the president of Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Michael Bayley, will be on the sailing and they make a big to-do about everything.  Tons of loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers like to sail on these cruises.  They will have special events and gifts.  Because of all this, it tends to be a little different than your typical cruise.  There will be a lot more folks on the sailing with high Crown & Anchor status and they will have a lot of special invite-only events that can close some of the venues to public use. 

I think anyone expecting a typical Royal Caribbean cruise will be a bit surprised by this sailing.  Whether that's a good or a bad surprise is really up to the individual.