MTD wait list

KBugNC

These holiday cruises are typically filled to near max capacity so i can understand why there is a wait list.  On a sailing like this i would anticipate eating at the late dining so that you do not get your hopes up over getting MTD.  These sailings usually fill up quite early and with that there is the priority of people choosing MTD /  6 pm first so there could be a long wait list that they dont make you aware of.

1 hour ago, eaglesfaninfl said:

Other than checking each day to see if MTD opens up, I think your best bet is to take what is offered; then, immediately upon boarding, go to the dining room for MTD. There should be a host or hostess waiting there and make your reservations for the cruise right then.

How can I check that? I see under dining I can add a MTD reservation to my cart but not sure if that will be accepted.

18 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Are you sure that you are scheduled for Traditional dining ?  Usually, if you are Traditional Dining you will not even have an option to choose MTD in your Cruise Planner.

I would have though the same thing. I'm going to put it in my cart and hope for the best. ?

On 11/4/2019 at 11:57 AM, KBugNC said:

How can I check that? I see under dining I can add a MTD reservation to my cart but not sure if that will be accepted.

Try 'buying it' - or completing the transaction and see what it does. If you can add it to your cart, and you can complete the transaction, you're set. 

Yes! When I booked in April for the Harmony Thanksgiving cruise, we were automatically given late seating and could not even get MTD. We asked to be  waitlisted for early and a few months ago I noticed on my Royal App we made it to early dining and TA confirmed. This was only for two people, but being on the waitlist does work!

On 11/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, Momof4crazytocruise said:

Try 'buying it' - or completing the transaction and see what it does. If you can add it to your cart, and you can complete the transaction, you're set. 

I did and it all went through and it shows in my calendar. Not sure if my reservation is a waitlisted item but for now, I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that it is a good reservation.