Immigration & Disembarking in Tampa

Pauly76

Hi All

First time poster here but have been an avid reader for the last year so thanks for all the hints and tips that I’ve been able to pick up.  Took my first taster cruise last November on Adventure for 6 nights out of Fort Lauderdale and loved it so next week we’re off on Rhapsody from Barcelona to Tampa.....14 nights.... throwing myself in at the deep end.....?

My question is can anyone let me know of your experience at immigration disembarking in Tampa as Brits? One has a US Visa and one has an ESTA.  I’m asking because I want to get a flight out of Tampa at 11:45am.  If we self disembark can you foresee us not making that flight if the ship docks at 5am?

Thanks in advance 

Paul

Welcome to the Boards ? 

As a fellow brit the only advice i can give is to remember that a Visa or Esta doesn't mean you just walk through customs, you could be unlucky and be picked out for any reason resulting in a missed flight 

I experienced fog into Tampa once and we were delayed several hours.  We knew the night before it was likely as the pool deck looked like we were inside a cloud around midnight and the ship was barely moving.  It then stopped moving.  I ended up fine as I had a late flight out, but most airlines were good about rebooking people given the circumstances.